US Attorney Federal, State, and Local Officials Announce New Violence Reduction Program

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
Press Release: U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Maryland

A coalition of federal, state, and local government officials today announced a new violence reduction program, I Care Baltimore. I Care Baltimore is a multi-faceted program designed to reduce violent crime by empowering community members, by highlighting programs that are making a difference in the City of Baltimore by offering alternatives to violence, and by increasing awareness of the consequences of federal prosecution for violent repeat offenders. The new initiative, funded by a $250,000 grant to the Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice (MOCJ) from the Governor’s Office of Crime Prevention, Youth, and Victim Services, builds on the U.S. Attorney’s Office Project Exile which seeks to remove guns from the hands of criminals. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the I Care program now also offers resources available to assist Baltimoreans to stay safe and healthy.

The above is only an excerpt of the article.

[ Read the rest of the article here. ]

UglyBear

Press Release: U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Maryland

by highlighting programs that are making a difference in the City of Baltimore by offering alternatives to violence

They are going to modern dance-off against each other now, instead of popping caps. $250k for dance studios, instructors and leotards.