Fedor Emelianenko...

Mojo

...wins again while biding his time for there to be a big enough purse to fight Brock.

That was definitely one of the best knockouts I have seen in a long time. I still don't think he has a chance against Lesnar though.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That was definitely one of the best knockouts I have seen in a long time. I still don't think he has a chance against Lesnar though.

I hear you but, Rogers had his ass for a minute there and Fedor calmly gets out of it as he's done, time and again and again. Is Brock the one guy who can gain the advantage and not lose it? I mean, I can see Brock mowing him down and finishing the job.

However...

thurley42

HY;FR
I hear you but, Rogers had his ass for a minute there and Fedor calmly gets out of it as he's done, time and again and again. Is Brock the one guy who can gain the advantage and not lose it? I mean, I can see Brock mowing him down and finishing the job.

However...

Everyone is giving an awful lot of credit to someone who hasn't done much...

thurley42

HY;FR
I hear that, too. Who you betting on? :popcorn:

man....I don't know...it's hard to play armchair qb and predict these things...I'll be ready to give Lesnar, whom I loath, some credit if he can handle Carwin someone that he can't use his weight to bully around....

Rogers isn't a pushover....that is a big dude...and he hit hard..I mean he busted Fedor's face 4 seconds into the fight? When he got the mount he dropped 3-4 bombs on him, that cannot feel great on a busted nose. But like you said, he was so calm..and slid right out of it...

I was pretty suprised with the first round...but I never really thought Rogers was going to win. Fedor's strikes are so violent, and so precise...it is hard to not love watching that guy fight....It is frustrating that he didn't go to UFC but it is whatever....

I think Dana will fork out the cash if Brock can continue to win..but I just don't see him doing that.

On another note, I was completely disappointed with the Miller/Shields fight...sucks that Mayhem didn't have the wresling to keep him off his back...everytime they stood up he got several shot on him..

Mojo

However...

Rogers looked pretty good in that fight, they kept saying that he needed/wanted to stay up and bang but he did pretty damn good on the ground.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Rogers looked pretty good in that fight, they kept saying that he needed/wanted to stay up and bang but he did pretty damn good on the ground.

Pretty good. Right up to the point Fedor knocked him flat on his back and made him turtle up and lay there and think about it for awhile. :lol:

BigTwink

Yes he did. Rogers is no joke.

My god Fedor's got some KO power! I heard that punch clear across my living room. "BAP"!!!

atheos

User
But I gotta say - if (time to enter pretend world for a second) Brock would knock down Fedor like Brett did. Brock's ability (weight/size/wrestling dominance) to lie on top of Fedor would have changed that fight considerably. Brett was able to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">mount</st1:placeType> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Fedor</st1:placeName></st1:place> for a few seconds but was bucked off and staring at Fedor's feet within seconds. Fedor would not be able to spin Brock around as quickly like that.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

thurley42

HY;FR
But I gotta say - if (time to enter pretend world for a second) Brock would knock down Fedor like Brett did. Brock's ability (weight/size/wrestling dominance) to lie on top of Fedor would have changed that fight considerably. Brett was able to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">mount</st1:placeType> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Fedor</st1:placeName></st1:place> for a few seconds but was bucked off and staring at Fedor's feet within seconds. Fedor would not be able to spin Brock around as quickly like that.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

to play devils advocate....Brett Rogers is 2 inches taller than Brock and they both come in at 265 for the fights...just sayin

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I seen it and was surprised it ended with one shot. Fedor is a man among men, I think he would beat Brock. When he hit Rogers, it reminded me of some of Mike Tysons bombs in his early days, made me hurt just watching it. :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I seen it and was surprised it ended with one shot. Fedor is a man among men, I think he would beat Brock. When he hit Rogers, it reminded me of some of Mike Tysons bombs in his early days, made me hurt just watching it. :killingme

There's a vid floating around of that shot from Rogers right rear angle and, good lord, Fedor wound up like a pitcher and threw everything he had into that, nearly falling over after delivering it.

I'm kinda stunned Rogers didn't go right out like a light!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
There's a vid floating around of that shot from Rogers right rear angle and, good lord, Fedor wound up like a pitcher and threw everything he had into that, nearly falling over after delivering it.

I'm kinda stunned Rogers didn't go right out like a light!

When I seen the replay I thought there was no way you could wind up like that, throw the punch and be accurate but he was, that or Rogers is extremely slow

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When I seen the reply I thought there was no way you could wind up like that, throw the punch and be accurate but he was, that or Rogers is extremely slow

Fedor was cranking up the right hook and Rogers was starting to throw a left. I'm no boxer so, I'm not sure what fighters look for but, Rogers had started his left on it's way and either didn't see the freight train coming or thought he could connect first. In any event, he didn't defend his clock and Fedor cleaned it for him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Rogers is fat, Lesnar is solid

There's that and Rogers has no 'explosion' to him. Fedor looks like a shlump but, anyone who knows who he is knows that dumpy looking guy comes alive like a cat when the time comes. Brock has explosion. I just can't see Rogers having much fun with him, either.

atheos

User
to play devils advocate....Brett Rogers is 2 inches taller than Brock and they both come in at 265 for the fights...just sayin

And of course <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rogers</st1:place></st1:City> has nothing but stand-up. My point was Lesnar would have been able to control (at least better than <st1:City w:st="on">Rogers</st1:City>) Fedor if he got on top of him like <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Rogers</st1:City></st1:place> did. BUT! Something we will never know most likely. DID Fedor give <st1:City w:st="on">Rogers</st1:City> more wiggle room (then he would say a wrestler like Lesnar) on the ground knowing that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rogers</st1:place></st1:City> would never be able to seriously threaten from that position?

Rogers is fat, Lesnar is solid

There's that and Rogers has no 'explosion' to him. Fedor looks like a shlump but, anyone who knows who he is knows that dumpy looking guy comes alive like a cat when the time comes. Brock has explosion. I just can't see Rogers having much fun with him, either.

:yeahthat: