Female Officer Run Over By Teen

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The racially charged incident — Caprio was white and the four teens were black — has set off a "racial firestorm" over what went wrong, but the president of a Baltimore chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police says one person in particular deserves the lion's share of the blame: Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby, who made headlines for her social justice rhetoric following the death of Freddie Gray and her subsequent overcharging of six officers that resulted in all the charges dropped.

In a blistering op-ed published by the Baltimore Sun Friday, Lt. Gene Ryan, president of the Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #3, laid the blame squarely at the feet of Mosby, whose "catch and release" policies, says Ryan, allowed for yet another criminal who had made clear that he was a danger to the community to remain on the street.

"There are fingers being pointed at everyone involved, by everyone involved, and yes, there are disappointments aplenty," Ryan writes. "The failure, however, lies with State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby and her continuing inability to understand the importance that her office plays in combating crime in Baltimore City."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3114...over-teen-fop-president-suspect-james-barrett

Hijinx

I don't know who to blame for the incident other than the criminal kid and his gangster friends who were involved.

A female police officer who was caught in a mess of thieves, and doing her job as best she could.

Now we have shyster lawyers involved making really stupid statements, and the parents of these miscreants trying to minimize the fact that they were all involved in the murder of this Officer. A parent or parents who sat by with their thumb up their ass while their burgeoning criminal son went on stealing car after car and then screams of his innocence when he finally kills someone is part and parcel of the problem. Blacks who ignore the problem and persist in their claims of racism are another part.
Race had no part in this, it was a criminal act with no excuse for the outcome.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The thief/murder's lawyer is blaming the cop for creating the situation that lead to her death.

Gordon said he wants to know why Caprio demonstrated “aggression” toward Harris and why she drew her weapon during what “amounted to a traffic stop.” Gordon said his client couldn’t see where he was going when he ducked as Caprio fired her gun, and he hit the gas.
“If someone's got bullets whizzing by your head, you’re in survival mode, you’re trying to survive,” Gordon said. “This was not an intentional killing. … This was an accident.”

let's run this lawyer over while we are at it

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Clearly, this is a case, of what the consequences are, of letting people of color (POC) run a city such as Baltimore. Does this now indicate that Baltimore is a poc mark on Maryland?

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

Clearly, this is a case, of what the consequences are, of letting people of color (POC) run a city such as Baltimore. Does this now indicate that Baltimore is a poc mark on Maryland?

I would say that the above is a racist statement and does nothing to solve or even add to the discussion.
Rather it transforms the discussion into one on bigotry.
Thank you for showing your true color (or lack thereof).

You are no better than the people placing blame on the slain officer. It was murder, they may not have intended to kill her, but they did. THEY.
Murder while committing a felony.
What is the state guidelines for that sentence?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I would say that the above is a racist statement and does nothing to solve or even add to the discussion. Rather it transforms the discussion into one on bigotry. Thank you for showing your true color (or lack thereof).
You are no better than the people placing blame on the slain officer. It was murder, they may not have intended to kill her, but they did. THEY. Murder while committing a felony. What is the state guidelines for that sentence?

Get over your holier-than-thou self. Geez. I'm guessing that this still falls under the guidelines of letting them have the run of the city so as not to offend?

What was it the 'ols Sherlock Holmes used to day? ""You will not apply my precept," he said, shaking his head. "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?""

Hijinx

I was wondering if there were any body, or dash cam footage to show what really happened. Seems the lawyer doesn't want them shown, "To preserve the jury pool", he said. Hmm... That's seems a bit suspicious.

I believe it is the prosecutor that is holding back on the body cam footage.