Fentanyl

Auntie Biache'

Not necessarily a medical issue, but I suppose it could be...

I was reading an article this morning about using the wipes at grocery stores to clean the handles on your grocery carts (buggies in the south :D), to avoid exposure to fentanyl. I'm not one to :jameo: over most things, but I have a friend who is a LEO. He comes over regularly to have a beer and blow off steam. He has mentioned that, yes, one can over dose with just contact with fentanyl. So, please wipe your buggies.

I'm always afraid of taking germs home to the Pickle, so I do this anyway.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Not necessarily a medical issue, but I suppose it could be...

I was reading an article this morning about using the wipes at grocery stores to clean the handles on your grocery carts (buggies in the south :D), to avoid exposure to fentanyl. I'm not one to :jameo: over most things, but I have a friend who is a LEO. He comes over regularly to have a beer and blow off steam. He has mentioned that, yes, one can over dose with just contact with fentanyl. So, please wipe your buggies.

I'm always afraid of taking germs home to the Pickle, so I do this anyway.
I work in a Police Property and Evidence Unit and yes, it doesn't take very much to OD on that stuff. I worry about coming in contact with it since I am here by myself from 5am-7:30am and that's when I got through all the stuff to process it. I make sure I have a Police radio with me at all times so I can push the "emergency" button if I start feeling funny.

Auntie Biache'

I work in a Police Property and Evidence Unit and yes, it doesn't take very much to OD on that stuff. I worry about coming in contact with it since I am here by myself from 5am-7:30am and that's when I got through all the stuff to process it. I make sure I have a Police radio with me at all times so I can push the "emergency" button if I start feeling funny.

Thank you.

Drugs aside, I wipe the buggies off just to get the perfume off. Too many women, AND MEN, who want to smell nice to go shopping. Nothing worse than picking something up to smell it, but can't because of the overwhelming perfumes, most of which I find offensive anyway.

Auntie Biache'

Drugs aside, I wipe the buggies off just to get the perfume off. Too many women, AND MEN, who want to smell nice to go shopping. Nothing worse than picking something up to smell it, but can't because of the overwhelming perfumes, most of which I find offensive anyway.
Yeah, I seem to be getting more sensitive to some odors. Some people bathe in that crap.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
You must shop some nicer stores than me. I seem to be one of the few who gets themselves dressed to go out in public. Most people I see look like they just rolled out of bed and went.

:lol: No, good ol' St. Mary's County. They don't get dressed up, they just douse themselves.

Along those lines, and :offtopic: , sorry, but my dad is one of those who uses too much after shave. We had just showered and were getting read for a long trip from MD to AR to take him to his new residence. 6AM. He gets in the car, and I start to choke from the after shave. Literally. I cranked open the window to get air. "Dad ! How much did you use?" "Same as always, 5 squirts." "5 SQUIRTS!?!?! Dad, ONE is more than enough!!!"
Made him go inside and wash some of it off. Windows open ride for the next 6 hours.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
:lol: No, good ol' St. Mary's County. They don't get dressed up, they just douse themselves.

Along those lines, and :offtopic: , sorry, but my dad is one of those who uses too much after shave. We had just showered and were getting read for a long trip from MD to AR to take him to his new residence. 6AM. He gets in the car, and I start to choke from the after shave. Literally. I cranked open the window to get air. "Dad ! How much did you use?" "Same as always, 5 squirts." "5 SQUIRTS!?!?! Dad, ONE is more than enough!!!"
Made him go inside and wash some of it off. Windows open ride for the next 6 hours.
Used to have to do that with a teenager, axe is a terrible thing.

luvmygdaughters

You must shop some nicer stores than me. I seem to be one of the few who gets themselves dressed to go out in public. Most people I see look like they just rolled out of bed and went.
Same here. I've been in Food Lion in Leonardtown and saw shoppers wearing pajama's and slippers!!! Really?????

glhs837

Power with Control
Used to have to do that with a teenager, axe is a terrible thing.

(slowlyrecoversfromolofactoryflashback)

Damn, got me. Honestly, though, this thing strikes me like the razor blades on gas pumps or hypo needles placed in various places. NO harm in taking a precaution, but the risk in not doing so is astonishingly small. In aviation, and other industries, we use a Risk/Hazard analysis. Where we look at not only how dangerous an event it, but how likely it is to ever happen. In this case, the odds of someone leaving enough for you to absorb and you being the person to actually touch that handle are so small, no point.

Auntie Biache'

(slowlyrecoversfromolofactoryflashback)

Damn, got me. Honestly, though, this thing strikes me like the razor blades on gas pumps or hypo needles placed in various places. NO harm in taking a precaution, but the risk in not doing so is astonishingly small. In aviation, and other industries, we use a Risk/Hazard analysis. Where we look at not only how dangerous an event it, but how likely it is to ever happen. In this case, the odds of someone leaving enough for you to absorb and you being the person to actually touch that handle are so small, no point.

Good point, but I'll still wipe my buggies.

Auntie Biache'

As pointed out above, there are still other very valid reasons to do so. None of them rise to the level that would get me to do so, but that's me. I treat my immune system like a rented mule. :)
Ha! I treat my body like a temple, you treat yours like a tent. ~Jimmy Buffett

Clem72

Same here. I've been in Food Lion in Leonardtown and saw shoppers wearing pajama's and slippers!!! Really?????

I'm old, and tired, and out of food. Cut me some slack. At least I don't park my car in the fire lane blocking the store entrance. I swear that must be on the SMIB driver's exam.

glhs837

Power with Control
Drives my wife crazy :)
I'm old, and tired, and out of food. Cut me some slack. At least I don't park my car in the fire lane blocking the store entrance. I swear that must be on the SMIB driver's exam.

And that's why they don't sell small limpet mines, because of people like that.... should be legal to paintball their windows after 30 seconds in the firelane with no evidence of someone on/off loading........

Chris0nllyn

Another good reason to have a small bottle of disinfectant handy, fentanyl or not

DO NOT use hand sanitizer or alcohol-based disinfectants/cleaners or bleach. It can actually enhance the absorption. If you think you touched it, immediately wash with a lot of water and eventually wash with soap as well. A lot of water. That's it.

If it's on a surface, use hydrogen peroxide, or antimicrobial acids like peracetic acid.

Note that minor contact with powdered fentanyl is very very unlikely to harm you. It's a myth that touching a tiny amount will kill you. However, liquid forms can be absored and can be very toxic.

luvmygdaughters

I'm sure you probably wear your Sunday best PJ's and slippers when you shop. :drama: The ones I'm talking about are flannel, ugly, and disgusting.:faint: