Feral Cats

Jeter3000

We have several feral cats that roam the premises where I live. They are now getting brave and hissing at kids that are outside playing, people that are walking their dogs, etc... and it's only going to get worse when they start reproducing. Yes management is aware. Will animal control euthanize them if they are caught? It seems like a no win situation, they didn't ask to be left behind when their owners moved.

joedancer

bookman
Feral Cat Rescue

We have several feral cats that roam the premises where I live. They are now getting brave and hissing at kids that are outside playing, people that are walking their dogs, etc... and it's only going to get worse when they start reproducing. Yes management is aware. Will animal control euthanize them if they are caught? It seems like a no win situation, they didn't ask to be left behind when their owners moved.

Please contact Feral Cat Rescue_ Feral Cat Rescue of St. Mary's County, Great Mills, MD - Southern Maryland Online

Feral Cat Rescue of St. Mary's County
feralcatrescue
P.O. Box 623
Great Mills, MD 20636
301-475-5059 301-481-0171
Contact via E-Mail

Feral Cat Rescue, Inc. is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to humanely reduce the feral and stray cat population in St. Mary's County through a variety of methods without euthanasia. With our Trap-Neuter-Release program, feral cats are humanely trapped then evaluated, vaccinated and sterilized by veterinarians. Healthy adults cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers or those people already feeding them. Under our adoption program, those kittens and tame young adult cats that are adoptable are temporarily placed with foster families so they can be permanently adopted into good homes.

Our website lists the kittens & cats we have available for adoption. Each Sunday we hold adoption events at our local Petco in California from 11am-3pm. All our kittens and cats for adoption are spay/neutered, wormed, vaccinated and FIV/FELV tested. For those healthy and fully vetted feral or semi-friendly cats that can’t be returned to their former outdoor home, we have our Barn Cat program, which seeks to place them in qualified farms, stables, warehouses, etc. where they will provide rodent control and these cats can finally have a secure home. We also support our local community with advice and assistance with feral cats, including the loan of traps, hands-on help with trapping and referral to low cost spay/neuter programs.

Feral Cat Rescue is a grass roots organization founded in 2007 by a group of volunteers who were profoundly moved by the suffering of feral cats and kittens in our community. Through our community outreach we educate the public about the problem of cat overpopulation, advocate spay/neuter for all domestic or feral cats they are feeding, emphasize responsible pet ownership and stress the importance of treating all animals humanely. If you would like us to speak to your group, give us a call! We are a 501c3 charity. All monetary donations go to pay our veterinary bills. Volunteers and foster parents/families are always needed and welcome.

SOMDPRIDE

Please contact Feral Cat Rescue_ Feral Cat Rescue of St. Mary's County, Great Mills, MD - Southern Maryland Online

Feral Cat Rescue of St. Mary's County
feralcatrescue
P.O. Box 623
Great Mills, MD 20636
301-475-5059 301-481-0171
Contact via E-Mail

Feral Cat Rescue, Inc. is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to humanely reduce the feral and stray cat population in St. Mary's County through a variety of methods without euthanasia. With our Trap-Neuter-Release program, feral cats are humanely trapped then evaluated, vaccinated and sterilized by veterinarians. Healthy adults cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers or those people already feeding them. Under our adoption program, those kittens and tame young adult cats that are adoptable are temporarily placed with foster families so they can be permanently adopted into good homes.

Our website lists the kittens & cats we have available for adoption. Each Sunday we hold adoption events at our local Petco in California from 11am-3pm. All our kittens and cats for adoption are spay/neutered, wormed, vaccinated and FIV/FELV tested. For those healthy and fully vetted feral or semi-friendly cats that can’t be returned to their former outdoor home, we have our Barn Cat program, which seeks to place them in qualified farms, stables, warehouses, etc. where they will provide rodent control and these cats can finally have a secure home. We also support our local community with advice and assistance with feral cats, including the loan of traps, hands-on help with trapping and referral to low cost spay/neuter programs.

Feral Cat Rescue is a grass roots organization founded in 2007 by a group of volunteers who were profoundly moved by the suffering of feral cats and kittens in our community. Through our community outreach we educate the public about the problem of cat overpopulation, advocate spay/neuter for all domestic or feral cats they are feeding, emphasize responsible pet ownership and stress the importance of treating all animals humanely. If you would like us to speak to your group, give us a call! We are a 501c3 charity. All monetary donations go to pay our veterinary bills. Volunteers and foster parents/families are always needed and welcome.

Oh not only have I called this group but others I know have and we were ALL turned down for various reasons. Mine was because the cats were a year old despite the fact the cats were very adoptable..they said they only take kittens otherwise it is too much of a expense on them.

WOW was my only reaction. SO if you are from this group. I personally would love to talk to you

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

Got any bottles of the old-style antifreeze lurking in the basement anywhere?

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I despise rodents and cats... Plus I am severly allergic to them!

I wince everytime I see a cat commercial! To me, there are just some rodents that don't belong in a house and more likely to kill mice on an open farm. That is the only place I think they belong... just my 2 cents!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I despise rodents and cats... Plus I am severly allergic to them!

I wince everytime I see a cat commercial! To me, there are just some rodents that don't belong in a house and more likely to kill mice on an open farm. That is the only place I think they belong... just my 2 cents!

Attachments

• HateYou.JPG
    HateYou.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 58

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell

DITTO! lol.

Btw, I am inventing a new contraption, just for... umm... them.

I am considering calling it the "Feline Whirlwind Actuator". It is a cat potty they step into with walls and doorway for privacy. About the size of a pet carrier. As soon as they start their bowl movement it enacts from the vibration and sensories!

The unit is connected to a 30hp, 220volt electrical engine via a large 6" tube with a 10 blade fan... shoots the remains outside for easy clean up.

wanna try it?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That is simply uncalled for. Not funny.

Don't think it was intended to be funny..

Feral problems don't fix themselves, and fixing cats to be re-released doesn't fix the problem.. (there is no way humanly possible to guarantee catching 100%)..

I would opt for .177 pellets myself..

officeguy

Don't think it was intended to be funny..

Feral problems don't fix themselves, and fixing cats to be re-released doesn't fix the problem.. (there is no way humanly possible to guarantee catching 100%).

The only problem that s&n of feral cats solves is them reproducing. It does nothing to mitigate their negative effect on wildlife, particularly songbirds.

If we invested 1/2 as much energy in homeless vets as we invest in feral cats and unwanted dogs...... They are really no different from nutria, the cats I mean.