Fiesta Bowl

Shawn

f bsu and that stupid field that they play on

I'll never root for them until they get rid of that

Beta84

They're out to get us
i'm pretty shocked that Boise beat TCU. Boise was solid all season, but defense wasn't their strong point. TCU had a good offense and a much better defense so I really expected a route. But that's why they play the game!

Hey otter! Boise State, national champions! :buddies:

they need a playoff

thurley42

HY;FR
i'm pretty shocked that Boise beat TCU. Boise was solid all season, but defense wasn't their strong point. TCU had a good offense and a much better defense so I really expected a route. But that's why they play the game!

Hey otter! Boise State, national champions! :buddies:

they need a playoff

Do you really think Boise could play with Alabama, Texas, or Florida? I think not.....

It would be like what happened Friday night with UC.....

playoff!:buddies:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Do you really think Boise could play with Alabama, Texas, or Florida? I think not.....

It would be like what happened Friday night with UC.....

playoff!:buddies:

not a chance -- at least they would lose a series of 10 pretty handily even if they won a game or two. I was just giving otter a hard time since he called Utah the national champs last year :smile: But i think we need a playoff because we can't have undefeated teams sitting around that can claim they deserve the title.

btw, still can't believe OSU* beat Oregon after pounding the average USC team that beat you guys. Oregon choked :dead: Great win for you though

thurley42

HY;FR
not a chance -- at least they would lose a series of 10 pretty handily even if they won a game or two. I was just giving otter a hard time since he called Utah the national champs last year :smile: But i think we need a playoff because we can't have undefeated teams sitting around that can claim they deserve the title.

btw, still can't believe OSU* beat Oregon after pounding the average USC team that beat you guys. Oregon choked :dead: Great win for you though

Oregon didn't choke....our defense played the full 60 minutes. Tressel actually called a game suited to TP's style of play, and more than anything TP showed up for maybe the first time in his career. We bring most everyone back, and if this was a preview of things to come I might start being optimistic again.

I knew you would beat UC...then when Kelly left I figured you would beat them soundly...then when Meyer said it was his last game for awhile, I figured it would turn out like it did....it's a testament to how good Alabama is....I personally think if they show up, they will run Texas out of the stadium.

T

toppick08

Oregon didn't choke....our defense played the full 60 minutes. Tressel actually called a game suited to TP's style of play, and more than anything TP showed up for maybe the first time in his career. We bring most everyone back, and if this was a preview of things to come I might start being optimistic again.

I knew you would beat UC...then when Kelly left I figured you would beat them soundly...then when Meyer said it was his last game for awhile, I figured it would turn out like it did....it's a testament to how good Alabama is....I personally think if they show up, they will run Texas out of the stadium.[/QUOTE]

:killingme

thurley42

HY;FR

I knew you would beat UC...then when Kelly left I figured you would beat them soundly...then when Meyer said it was his last game for awhile, I figured it would turn out like it did....it's a testament to how good Alabama is....I personally think if they show up, they will run Texas out of the stadium.[/QUOTE]

:killingme

you disagree?

Beta84

They're out to get us

I knew you would beat UC...then when Kelly left I figured you would beat them soundly...then when Meyer said it was his last game for awhile, I figured it would turn out like it did....it's a testament to how good Alabama is....I personally think if they show up, they will run Texas out of the stadium.

UF played a crap game and Bama played the game of their lives. If Bama was playing a bad game and UF played like they did against Cinci, the outcome would have been the reverse. Hell, if UF played like they did against Cinci it probably wouldn't have mattered how Bama played.

Texas is a really good team, absolutely top 3 (with Bama and UF obviously). They will give Bama a game. They have a really good defense and a great offense, both ranking top 5 I think. Honestly, they were the most complete team this season (with UF being #2).

Bama is going to need to come up with a game like they played against UF, because if they play like they did the rest of the season then Texas is gonna win.

thurley42

HY;FR
UF played a crap game and Bama played the game of their lives. If Bama was playing a bad game and UF played like they did against Cinci, the outcome would have been the reverse. Hell, if UF played like they did against Cinci it probably wouldn't have mattered how Bama played.

Texas is a really good team, absolutely top 3 (with Bama and UF obviously). They will give Bama a game. They have a really good defense and a great offense, both ranking top 5 I think. Honestly, they were the most complete team this season (with UF being #2).

Bama is going to need to come up with a game like they played against UF, because if they play like they did the rest of the season, Texas is gonna win.

I disagree...but thats normal for us and CFB. I really wasn't impressed with the Big 12 at all this year...and I think Bama vs UF if they both show up is still going to Bama...just my opinion..

So far I think the best 2 games have been NW v. Auburn and PSU v. LSU.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I disagree...but thats normal for us and CFB. I really wasn't impressed with the Big 12 at all this year...and I think Bama vs UF if they both show up is still going to Bama...just my opinion..

So far I think the best 2 games have been NW v. Auburn and PSU v. LSU.

I wasn't impressed by the Big 12 either, they were average at best. But just because you are the conference champion of the best conference, it doesn't guarantee a national title. I'd still say UF is the best from the SEC based on their overall performance and stats on the season (but I'm biased). Bama won their games, but they really grinded some of them out against subpar opponents and never dominated the weakest ones.

Texas was more dominant this season and could absolutely come up with the win. Just because the Big 12 was down doesn't mean Texas isn't a monster team. I pick Bama because they beat UF and the whole SEC thing, but I'd flip a coin for this one. I was more confident UF would beat OSU* (being a heavy underdog) than Bama beating Texas.

Toppick is an SEC fan (Ole Miss I think?) so he saw Bama this year...they weren't anything special outside of the game against UF. Texas just looked better, albeit against mostly inferior opponents.

thurley42

HY;FR
I wasn't impressed by the Big 12 either, they were average at best. But just because you are the conference champion of the best conference, it doesn't guarantee a national title. I'd still say UF is the best from the SEC based on their overall performance and stats on the season (but I'm biased). Bama won their games, but they really grinded some of them out against subpar opponents and never dominated the weakest ones.

Texas was more dominant this season and could absolutely come up with the win. Just because the Big 12 was down doesn't mean Texas isn't a monster team. I pick Bama because they beat UF and the whole SEC thing, but I'd flip a coin for this one. I was more confident UF would beat OSU* (being a heavy underdog) than Bama beating Texas.

had to bring that up didn't you:killingme

I know Top is an SEC fan...and I know Top is usually wrong about his picks...:killingme

T

toppick08

I know Top is an SEC fan...and I know Top is usually wrong about his picks...:killingme

:killingme...true that,.......but I went to skool(sp) at Southern Miss........with Brett....:yahoo:..........nice guy.

My lovely sis went to that Hotty Toddy place.....:lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us

:evil:

oh and if you didn't know about the OSU* reference, I used to be a Cane fan and the Canes call OSU* that because of OSU's Fiesta Bowl win* and National Championship* from the '02 season.

thurley42

HY;FR
:evil:

oh and if you didn't know about the OSU* reference, I used to be a Cane fan and the Canes call OSU* that because of OSU's Fiesta Bowl win* and National Championship* from the '02 season.

typical bitter crap....he'll be even more bitter when they take a loss from us the next two years...:evil: