Fight to the last man

SamSpade

I was watching the opening scene to "Branded". I have never actually watched the show - it came out when I was a kid and a totally remember the opening scenes and the theme song. For those unfamiliar, it was Chuck Connor's third vehicle on TV as lead. The premise of the show is that he was a coward at Bitter Creek and abandoned his comrades - who all died. In reality, he did not - in fact, he barely survived the battle, having been left for dead, but did not die.

But I mention this to address something that's always annoyed me in action movies - when the bad guys fight to the LAST MAN. At least ONE member of the Crazy 88 has the sense to surrender in Kill Bill. And in one of my favorite Marvel Scenes - in Iron Man 2 - just as Tony Stark is mopping up the room, the last guy raises his hands and says "honestly, I always hated this job" and runs away.

Now - unless you have no choice - as in, you can't escape or are charged with say, protecting a child or the President - when you see a human killing machine such as Rambo or Chuck Norris or John Wick or Robocop killing everything in sight with barely an injury and never missing - why DON'T you do what every intelligent creature under the sun would do and RUN LIKE HELL?

Yeah, I've seen a few movies and TV shows where they do - but as often as not, you'll see either the villain or hero standing astride a pile of bodies and every one of them either dead or getting there fast.

Is it just bad writing? Or is that what viewers want to see?

gemma_rae

But I mention this to address something that's always annoyed me in action movies - when the bad guys fight to the LAST MAN. At least ONE member of the Crazy 88 has the sense to surrender in Kill Bill.
I thought that was supposed to symbolize either how crazy they were, or how afraid they were of Lucy Liu's character.

Haven't seen the other two.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think there's too much killing in these movies. There needs to be more counselors and mental health experts.