ISO Info Film negative question

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We have all of our negatives from our wedding (23 years!) and I'd like to get prints done. Who or where would you go? Price really isn't that much of an object and I do not have time to buy my own negative scanner and DIY.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
We have all of our negatives from our wedding (23 years!) and I'd like to get prints done. Who or where would you go? Price really isn't that much of an object and I do not have time to buy my own negative scanner and DIY.
Some of the kiosks in the stores can do negative to positive scanning/printing, but it sounds like you have more than a couple.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

@RoseRed used them to convert some tapes to DVD and was pleased with the results and price. They say they also do negatives according to their website.
Although I don't have the "negative" experience, I would highly recommend his business.

imaref

Yes, we do negatives. If you call please leave a voicemail (we get bombarded with tons of spam callers every day so we can't even answer the phone anymore) or use the email address/webform on the website.

imaref

The maximum interpolated resolution that we can scan is 12,800dpi, but it depends on what the customer is looking for (and what they will be using the files for).

We normally have customers drop off their negatives/slides/photos and then we scan ONE at different resolutions. We then email the files of the different resolutions to the customer so they can pick which works best for them. Obviously lower resolution scans cost less than maximum resolution scans.

Goldenhawk

I bought my own slide scanner (true 50 megapixel resolution) a few years ago and scanned something like 5,000 family Kodachrome slides from the 1950s through the 1990s. The scanner is good enough that I can see individual film grains on some of the scans of high-ISO film. Took a LOT of work and time, especially doing color corrections and dust removal, but now all those old slides are all uploaded to a Google Photos account and available to all my family and siblings. Well worth it. I think I went through something like 20 cans of spray air, too...