F'in Facebook!!!

GopherM

Darwin was right
How many of you have been suspended or restricted by the Tzars at FB? I copied and pasted a meme that had been up for a while on the FB feed at one of the links that I follow. I posted the same meme to a restricted fraternal military FB feed and within a few hours received notifications that my feed was being RESTRICTED for 48 hours. I was informed that the post had gone against community standards due to containing images or information that exploited minors. There were no minors anywhere in the image, and the meme's text did not hint at anything to do with minors. If it was so egress that my FB access was restricted, why was it up for so long on another feed that I could access and forward from in the first place? Another contact of mine has an image of his removed for violating community standards for sharing a video of dogs waiting for the doggie daycare bus to take them for a play date. I have seen the same video numerous times on FB. FB admins said he was either pandering for "Likes" or the post was spam.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Maybe someone reported you?
I posted it on a salty military fraternal site with really sketchy stuff. They might rag on me if it had contained anything that was out of line, but what I posted was nothing compared to other things that show up there. I received the restricted notification mid-day on Tuesday notifying me I was restricted for 48 hours which should have expired late this afternoon. I just tried to "Like" a post and was informed I still had 36 hours to go until the restriction was lifted.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I posted it on a salty military fraternal site with really sketchy stuff. They might rag on me if it had contained anything that was out of line, but what I posted was nothing compared to other things that show up there. I received the restricted notification mid-day on Tuesday notifying me I was restricted for 48 hours which should have expired late this afternoon. I just tried to "Like" a post and was informed I still had 36 hours to go until the restriction was lifted.
It's a mystery.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't post a lot on FB anymore, I mostly like to see what my friends are up to. The only social media I participate in really is this forum.