US Attorney Final Four Defendants, Including Former Correctional Officer, Plead Guilty to Federal Racketeering Conspiracy Charge in Connection With a Prison Corru

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
Press Release: U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Maryland

A former Correctional Officer, two inmates, and an outside “facilitator” have pleaded guilty to a federal racketeering conspiracy at the Jessup Correctional Institution (JCI), involving inmates and outside facilitators paying bribes to correctional officers to smuggle contraband, including narcotics, alcohol, tobacco, and cell phones into the prison. As a result of the guilty pleas entered yesterday and today, all 15 defendants charged in this case have now pleaded guilty. The following individuals entered their guilty pleas this week: Former Correctional Officer Dominique Booker, age 45, of Baltimore; Inmates William Cox, a/k/a Dollar, age 45 and Vernard Majette a/k/a Nard, age 40; and Facilitator Vonda Bolden, age 57, of Baltimore.

The above is only an excerpt of the article.

[ Read the rest of the article here. ]

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Looking like a sentence of around 4 years. But then the former guards will have a decent amount of street cred. Booker is a great name for an inmate fwiw.

black dog

Free America
I Hear The Train A-Comin'; It's Rollin' 'Round The Bend,
And I Ain't Seen The Sunshine Since I Don't Know When,
I'm Stuck At Jessup Prison And Time Keeps Draggin' On.