Finally did it

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Given up on all the fancy machinery. Old fashion it may be but coffee percolating on the stove is the best. Visited someone once that made it that way. The aroma was great, coffee hot and the taste...well, found out what I was missing.

Having a cup right now with pumpkin spice creamer. Love it!

Plug in percolators are good too. I've had a Pyrex stove one, metal stove one and Farberware plug in, loved all three. I have to agree, perked is the best.

:coffee:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Given up on all the fancy machinery. Old fashion it may be but coffee percolating on the stove is the best. Visited someone once that made it that way. The aroma was great, coffee hot and the taste...well, found out what I was missing.

Having a cup right now with pumpkin spice creamer. Love it!

This is how my grandmother made coffee and the house always smelled wonderful. It tasted better than any other coffee. Heck its why I started drinking coffee.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
This is how my grandmother made coffee and the house always smelled wonderful. It tasted better than any other coffee. Heck its why I started drinking coffee.

We do this when we go camping. So nice to wake up to the smell of bacon and coffee in the great outdoors.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, I never loved my percolator. I had hoped to, but it just didn't happen. I didn't care for the metal tasting coffee it produced and the wait seemed forever because you can't sneak a cup while it's brewing. I love my Chemex and I love my Keurig.

Now that I'm not smoking I smell things more, so coffee seems particularly aromatic.

PJay

The aroma from coffee and bacon cooking will sit you up straight from a sound sleep.

PJay

bresamil, when I was a little I remember coffee poured in saucer for me to drink. Cooled quicker that way.

Retro, right now I am using a metal one. Been tossing around in my head if should give electric one a try. If so, I would like to find a vintage one. Old people's stuff use to spook me but now I really like vintage stuff.

The_Handler

This morning my coffee maker decided to stop keeping coffee hot. My husband finally talked me into getting a Keurig. Question is what are good coffees to get? I saw tons, they even had hot chocolate and teas and I read somewhere about soups. I know there are other threads on this, but I'm lazy this morning and didn't feel like going through them.

If you like hot tea, the Twinings English Tea is really good.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
If you like hot tea, the Twinings English Tea is really good.

It came with Sleepy Time, I'm not a big tea drinker though. I guess my husband or daughter will drink that one. As chilly as it has been here lately, I'm thinking hot chocolate.

acommondisaster

When my first Keurig clogged while under warranty, the first question customer support asked me (after getting my serial number, etc) was if I made hot chocolate with it. While she didn't say it, I read into her question that the hot chocolate k-cups are often the reason they clog. I'd rather have my hot chocolate made with milk, anyway.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Plug in percolators are good too. I've had a Pyrex stove one, metal stove one and Farberware plug in, loved all three. I have to agree, perked is the best.

Absolutely! We don't even own a regular coffee maker.

My favorite Keurig flavor is Donut Shop.

Attachments

• donut shop.jpg
    donut shop.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 35

MarieB

When my first Keurig clogged while under warranty, the first question customer support asked me (after getting my serial number, etc) was if I made hot chocolate with it. While she didn't say it, I read into her question that the hot chocolate k-cups are often the reason they clog. I'd rather have my hot chocolate made with milk, anyway.

You have to run it without a cup after you make sweet drinks

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
One thing that I didnt see mentioned was the water. If you buy the purified drinking water in the gallon jugs, I think it makes the coffee taste better than tap water.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
One thing that I didnt see mentioned was the water. If you buy the purified drinking water in the gallon jugs, I think it makes the coffee taste better than tap water.

Brings this to mind. Another thing worth noting no matter how its brewed is water temp. If you use tap, in the warm months I keep a jug full of water in the fridge just for coffee. Cold water is best for making coffee, I never use room temp or summer tap.

Chris0nllyn

The one we just got for Xmas had some water purifier in it.

Apparently it's something new :shrug:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Just got back from the grocery store, got a box of Gevalia on sale for 5.99. When I got home, I opened the box and there is a dollar off coupon inside, sale ends today, sending husband back up to get another box.