Finaly Got Our Farm

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Hay All Tc here We Finaly Got Our Farm ... Brought horses home and loving life .. :yahoo: Z , Little Man and I went for a ride Sunday in the new hood boy you would think people in C L's never saw horses before .. Rocky was jumping out of his skin at the slightest thing .. thank god the operation worked.. now we got to find little man his pony ... Frog has three Roosters and 1 hen we need to find 5 more hens.. there is 15 acreas so we will have to make some trails real soon ... well I won't have my computer until Tuesday 17th . so i'll be off for awhile longer at libbrary time almost up .. talk to everyone soon .. Appy Frog is interested in finding out more about Alpaca's (SP)

Wait4It..boom

Yay! Good for you TC! Very glad to hear it. Still working on trying to find that one of our dreams. Please post pics when you get the chance. Can't wait to see it.

Wait4It..boom

Hey TC- once you start unpacking, let me know if you want me to take some boxes off your hands. Keep your fingers crossed- we just got a contract in on a place but no word yet on whether it's accepted.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Hay All Tc here We Finaly Got Our Farm ... Brought horses home and loving life .. :yahoo: Z , Little Man and I went for a ride Sunday in the new hood boy you would think people in C L's never saw horses before .. Rocky was jumping out of his skin at the slightest thing .. thank god the operation worked.. now we got to find little man his pony ... Frog has three Roosters and 1 hen we need to find 5 more hens.. there is 15 acreas so we will have to make some trails real soon ... well I won't have my computer until Tuesday 17th . so i'll be off for awhile longer at libbrary time almost up .. talk to everyone soon .. Appy Frog is interested in finding out more about Alpaca's (SP)

:worthless

mingiz

Horse Poor
There is a farm on the eastern shore (where i'm from) that raises alpacas.
Chesapeake Alpacas, Inc.

Get ready to mortgage your farm to start a breeding program.....$$$$$$$$$

I think there is a farm down my way that raises them I'll see if I can find out something:popcorn:

Ok found it Dameron Alpacas, LLC WOW!!! For the price of one I could get a herd of horses!!!! 11K & 15K:yikes:
Phone: (240) 577-1751

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I think there is a farm down my way that raises them I'll see if I can find out something:popcorn:

Ok found it Dameron Alpacas, LLC WOW!!! For the price of one I could get a herd of horses!!!! 11K & 15K:yikes:
Phone: (240) 577-1751
We had to mortgage our farm to fund our Rocky breeding program, but it was well worth it (to us anyway). Prices are close to that range for some of our stock, and many in our breed.
We have an awesome foundation brood mare band, and 2 superior stallions...well one stallion and one stud prospect, who both have something valuable and different to offer the Rocky community. You get what you pay for (in my breed). I say if that's what they want...go for it! You only live once.

I don't know how much money the fur would bring from an alpaca? The income must be from the sale of babies as pets and for other breeding programs.

Last edited:

spinner

There is an Alpaca rescue if you aren't looking for breeding animals and they are inexpensive. If you are interested I can find out, I have several friends that have adopted them.

spinner

They aren't that unusual anymore, and really what can breeders do with the neutered males? There are three Alpaca breeders in St. Mary's that I can think of right off hand. The fiber is wonderful to spin, but you can only spin so much of it.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
They aren't that unusual anymore, and really what can breeders do with the neutered males? There are three Alpaca breeders in St. Mary's that I can think of right off hand. The fiber is wonderful to spin, but you can only spin so much of it.
O I C
You can tell it's been a while since I've looked into them. I can hardly believe there are THREE breeders in St Mary's...WOW. Just Blows my mind. They must be prolific.

But why put neutered males into rescues? If i had a male dog, i'd neutered for whatever reason, I'd place him myself.... :confused:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have a couple llama female I will sell cheap $250 and a male I will sell or co own with somone $750 outright or talk about co own..he is a mini...all registered...

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Hey TC- once you start unpacking, let me know if you want me to take some boxes off your hands.

that won't be a problem I have a ton of banana boxes still left to unpack yet... You would not believe the 2 daya after we signed papers My realtor got a call from the women with the other farm in charlott hall and the women now wants to sell and is willing to go to court with her x to do it .. oh well I can lay in my bed and see my horses ...pictures coming

Wait4It..boom

well i hope that the place you have now is better than the other (and less involved to move in). the other place in Charlotte Hall was nice (large house, etc.) but that was one thing I didn't like about it- you couldn't see the horses from anywhere in the house you'd actually BE in (like the kitchen, living room, or bedroom).

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
but that was one thing I didn't like about it- you couldn't see the horses from anywhere in the house you'd actually BE in (like the kitchen, living room, or bedroom).

Here I can see them .. Lots of windows.. here is a link for a veiw of the farm before we bought it .. I'll send pictures as we make progress....

Last edited: