Financial Peace University - 9/12/12 Start

(Posted with Vrai's permission)

Financial Peace University

Space available in class starting 9/12/12 at 6:00pm. I promise we will start on time and end (7:30pm) on time.

Class will be held at St. John's in Hollywood, MD

Course materials and lifetime membership cost is $95.

Course led by volunteers (Alice and Kirk Munsch)

We will be offering a preview of the course on Sunday 8/26 after the 9:00am Mass at approx 10:15am and after 11:30 Mass at approx 12:45 in the St. Jude room of the Monsignor Harris Center. Stop by and say hello and ask questions. We love questions.

Last edited:

tommyjo

It is worth noting that Dave Ramsey has zero financial education.

I see one of his topics is understanding how marketing affects your buying decisions. This applies more to self proclaimed financial gurus than candy bars placed at the kid's eye level in the grocery store checkout line.

Dave Ramsey's job is not to help you with your finances...it is to sell you overpriced books and videos.

If you doubt the above...this is from Mr. Ramsey's FPU website:

"We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money."

The rational, logic person will read this and immediately understand that Mr. Ramsey is to be avoided.

"God"? Which "God"? Each religion has a different diety. "God", if one is to believe the stories, created everything. "God" doesn't need, use or store money...so why would she/he have a "way of handling money".

Save the $95...if you need help seek the service of a qualified, experienced professional who has expertise in the area that you require assistsance with.

Next class begins on February 6th.

Alice and I will be available after the 0900 and 1130 Masses on January 20th and February 3rd.

Financial Peace University

Whether you attend or not spend the next 30 days writing down everything you spend. No, not saving receipts, put pen to paper and write it down.

Date, item, cost. Your electric bill, your rent/mortgage, and that cup of coffee. It may surprise you where the money is going.