Finding a job

sockgirl77

I am pregnant and having a hard time finding a job. I need a part time job that I won't be on my feet all day. Any suggestions?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
My only suggestion is to hide your pregnancy. Employers will suddenly find a "more qualified" candidate. Pretend you are just fat, if you have to. And never tell them you are looking for a "low stress" job. Everyone has stress in their job and everyone believes they have a lot of stress, compared to others.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by sockgirl77
I can't hide it. My tummy is poking out. I don't look fat, just pregnant.

Why can't yo baby's daddy help ya out?? :confused:

sockgirl77

I have done temping off and on for 8 years. They don't have any part time work now. It's coming closer to tax season so the work might pick up. It's hard for me to take an office job because I have no office attire that fits me, nor can I buy any.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by sockgirl77
It's hard for me to take an office job because I have no office attire that fits me, nor can I buy any.
Vintage Values might have some maternity stuff for cheap.

Do you plan on taking time off after the birth of your child or going right back to work?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Have you thought about something you can do from your home? Baby sitting? Some doctor's office and other companies hire homebased workers to transcribe their notes.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by cmcdanal
My only suggestion is to hide your pregnancy. Employers will suddenly find a "more qualified" candidate. Pretend you are just fat, if you have to. And never tell them you are looking for a "low stress" job. Everyone has stress in their job and everyone believes they have a lot of stress, compared to others.

A BIG :yeahthat:. I got hired by a defense contractor when I was 7 months prego and trust me - I was HUGE! All I did was search for a dress that kinda "hung" on me like a set of drapes. It was a horrid dress, but it did the job!

A month later my boss actually admitted that he would've never hired me had he known I was prego.