FINDING Farriers - Southern MD - HELP!

aceyswan

I am trying to find a farrier that knows something about founder/laminitis. I need to have my pony checked.
I have the following names and numbers and was wondering if anyone could add 2 cents on who might be the best person to call. Interested in knowing if they are expensive, reasonable, show up, if the phone number is accurate, etc... I live in Prince Frederick, MD. Thanks & feel free to send me a private e-mail... :jameo:
Dick Teachout 301-994-2306
Larry Elliott - 301-868-1624
Steven Doleac - 301-651-1963 (Deale)
Ben Schumacher - 249-298-2784
Frank Weaver - 443-624-0643
Richard Victor - 301-672-4637
Pat Quinn - 410-535-9441

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have a mare that foundered...I bought her from Dick Teachout...he treated her from day one..She is SOUND SOUND SOUND and never takes a lame step..Dick sure did good by that mare..

DQ2B

More info. please. Is the pony foundering as we speak? Shod/unshod? Rotation of P3? Stalled/pastured? Overweight? Grained?

Try Sheila Montgomery, she's near by. Phone was 202-437-7970 but not sure if that is still current.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
DQ2B said:
More info. please. Is the pony foundering as we speak? Shod/unshod? Rotation of P3? Stalled/pastured? Overweight? Grained?

Try Sheila Montgomery, she's near by. Phone was 202-437-7970 but not sure if that is still current.

:yeahthat:
I second Sheila on the foundering/laminitis help...She is very busy though-
D. Ziegler can help too... he works with her.

aceyswan

Pony has not been "officially diagnosed" In need of a trim first and then go from there... She is a little chubby... Could just be a case of a stubborn pony? And we know there aren't that many of those around..... lol Thanks all for the names, will try to get someone to come out...