Fingernails

Bobwhite

Ok. Full disclosure: I'm usually a day late and a dollar short when it come to fashion trends. Yesterday I went to a local hair salon to get a shampoo and haircut. The stylist that waited on me had these new trendy sharply pointed fingernails. When she shampooed my hair, she didn't get down to the scalp because she would have scratched me. When she was cutting my hair, she was pushing my hair back from the front and she scratched my forehead. It didn't break the skin but it was fairly uncomfortable. I think that a stylist should know better than to have those kind of nails when she is working on peoples hair and around their faces. Am I just being an old fuddy duddy? What do you all think?

PJay

Ok. Full disclosure: I'm usually a day late and a dollar short when it come to fashion trends. Yesterday I went to a local hair salon to get a shampoo and haircut. The stylist that waited on me had these new trendy sharply pointed fingernails. When she shampooed my hair, she didn't get down to the scalp because she would have scratched me. When she was cutting my hair, she was pushing my hair back from the front and she scratched my forehead. It didn't break the skin but it was fairly uncomfortable. I think that a stylist should know better than to have those kind of nails when she is working on peoples hair and around their faces. Am I just being an old fuddy duddy? What do you all think?

Agree. Nails on women today are weapons. That aside...what happened to Barber shops..do they still exist?

PJay

I ask because seeing more men in Beauty salons..which I dislike.

Who wants a stranger man sitting next to them when our hair is all over the place.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I let mine grow until I have trouble typing, then I cut them down. But I keep mine squared.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Use to. Bad nerves, I guess. People kept slapping me to stop. Have your family do that to you..:lol:
Actually I don't think it is nerves most of the time. It just bothers me to have them past a certain point and I feel the need to fix it.

PJay

I'm very flexible...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I let mine grow until I have trouble typing, then I cut them down. But I keep mine squared.
I've said it before - you have gorgeous natural nails!

As does @vraiblonde, for that matter.

I can't type when my nails get longer, I just never had that practice. But I love my own natural nails -had a manicure a few years ago for vacation and they talked me into the gel nails :cds: NEVER AGAIN.

Natural. (with or without polish) That's my style.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who wants a stranger man sitting next to them when our hair is all over the place.

One of my male clients was sitting next to me when I was getting my hairs did once. He was way more embarrassed than I was because he was getting color. :lol:

Typically haircut chicks keep their nails trimmed so they don't accidentally disembowel their customer or poke their eye out. I'm surprised the shop owner doesn't have a nail/grooming policy.

Other than that, how was the haircut? I'm desperate for one. Today I walked into a local shop to see if they had time for me and the two "stylists" looked like they should be on an oil rig. The one was finishing up some woman's hair and it was that old Kate Gosselin cut where it's long on the sides and super short and sticking up on top - like she wanted to speak to the manager because she's a gold card member.

I turned around and walked back out.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I used to. My Dad bought me a manicure set when I was 10. I still use it to this day. It's more bittersweet now since he passed in February.
:huggy:

I love this! The older manicure sets were also made so much better!

Bobwhite

One of my male clients was sitting next to me when I was getting my hairs did once. He was way more embarrassed than I was because he was getting color. :lol:

Typically haircut chicks keep their nails trimmed so they don't accidentally disembowel their customer or poke their eye out. I'm surprised the shop owner doesn't have a nail/grooming policy.

Other than that, how was the haircut? I'm desperate for one. Today I walked into a local shop to see if they had time for me and the two "stylists" looked like they should be on an oil rig. The one was finishing up some woman's hair and it was that old Kate Gosselin cut where it's long on the sides and super short and sticking up on top - like she wanted to speak to the manager because she's a gold card member.

I turned around and walked back out.
She did a good job on the haircut. It's a national chain, so I called their customer service and told them what happened. I wasn't real pleased with customer service reps demeanor. I don't know if anything will be done.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's a national chain

Yeah, I give the chains another shot every few years just to see if they still suck.....and they do. The Fantastic Sam's I walked into yesterday.....yikes. A few years ago I got a cut at an Ulta in Scranton and it was easily the worst haircut I've ever had.