Fingernails

frequentflier

happy to be living
I ate at a popular place in Lex park today that I had never been to before. We liked our server but was glad the girl with the very long fake fingernails was not waiting on us. I am not a germaphobe but I prefer to not have all the cooties under those nails touching my food and condiments. Even her thumb nail was 2 or three inches. UGH.
Someone I was close to in FL had told me about a very high end German restaurant she once owned on L.I. She did not allow dangly earrings or fake or painted fingernails and the wait staff had to have their hair pulled back and off their faces. I can so appreciate that...and all the other things I learned from this wonderful woman (may she R.I.P.)
Though it is understandable that some women may think their fake nails make them sexier or appear more attractive, I personally think they look fake...and some of them are downright ugly. But I also think they are inappropriate in certain jobs. I had a hairdresser in CA that had the long daggers and always feared she was going to stab me or poke an eye out. UGH

lucky_bee

RBF expert
She did not allow dangly earrings or fake or painted fingernails and the wait staff had to have their hair pulled back and off their faces. I can so appreciate that...

I worked in restaurants, of all kinds from fancy upscale to mom and pop pizza joints, from the age of 14 to idk...27? I never worked somewhere that didn't insist your hair had to be pulled back. But now I go out and girls' hair is all over the ****ing place and it pisses me off. The super long nails weren't a serious trend when I was in the business, but acrylics were. I would get them sometimes but found them to be a PITA to manage and keep clean and I always got them on the short side too. Another waitress or two would have some slightly longer ones, but nothing outrageous because they get in the way. It was just common sense then to ya know, not have claws working in a restaurant.

If I owned/managed/supervised any restaurant, no loose hair and no long nails would be a huge priorty with my staff. I find it disgusting.

PJay

:killingme