Fired NFL coaches....

Rael

Supper's Ready
Morris @ Tampa
Spagnuolo @ Rams

Who is next?
Not sure, but I think Spags will land something promptly. If he settles to go back as a DC, I'd love to see him come back to G-town.
Though not coaches, the Polians are out in Indy and Irsay is re-evaluating Caldwell right now.
Am I the only one who has a hard time listening to Irsay? Ums and Uhs, I stopped counting and mute him out now. :lol:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Also, the thought occurred to me that maybe Peyton really is medically finished (though it hasn't been said yet). Could they possibly continue him in a different role with the Colts? Just a thought FWIW...

Rommey

Who's next?

I'd say Norv Turner is probable and I would find it hard to believe that Andy Reid would survive after all the talent they went out and bought only to flop so badly.

I'd guess that Oakland, Minnesota, and Phoenix will have to evaluate their coaching situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are changes in any of them as well.

And then who the heck knows what Jerry Jones will do in Dallas...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Not sure, but I think Spags will land something promptly. If he settles to go back as a DC, I'd love to see him come back to G-town.

Am I the only one who has a hard time listening to Irsay? Ums and Uhs, I stopped counting and mute him out now. :lol:

Reid will stay in Philly, and unless Spags gets a head coaching job somewhere else, will be the next DC in Philly... IMO

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Also, the thought occurred to me that maybe Peyton really is medically finished (though it hasn't been said yet). Could they possibly continue him in a different role with the Colts? Just a thought FWIW...

That is going to be a HUGE offseason story... I think something new will come out weekly on this.. And I pray the Skins don't do something stooopid and get him somehow, unless it is as a QB's coach :lol:

Chris0nllyn

Coming from a Bucs fan, I'm glad Morris is gone. I'm sure he's a good guy, and the cheap a$$ owners put alot on his plate being the youngest coach in the NFL, AND being the DC. Either way, someone needs to go to Tampa and put a foot in all their butts. There is some very good, young talent, and with the right coaching Josh Freeman will easily be a franchise QB. If the Glazers (Bucs owners) don't make some drastic moves this off season and give the media a reason to talk about Tampa, the fan base will be gone.

Hank

my war
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars targeted Mike Mularkey early in their coaching search.

The Atlanta Falcons' offensive coordinator has a relationship with general manager Gene Smith. He has a son working for the team as a scouting assistant. And maybe most important, he has had recent success mentoring a young quarterback.

Jacksonville Jaguars hire Mike Mularkey as coach - ESPN

Larry Gude

Strung Out
After the debacle in SF I'm surprised Fisher would take him, friend or not. The guy has had his moments but when it counts, his scheme blows

Debacle??? SF came into the game at 13-3. They have some great players in Gore, Crabtree and Davis and several O line guys going to the pro bowl as well as a QB becoming the player they hoped for when they took him in the first round several years ago. The 49ers are as good as their record and still had to make a BUNCH of incredible plays to win the game. And the Saints turned the ball over 5 times and had no running game to speak of. Partly due to turnovers and part because they had a guy hurt and, well, don't have a great running game.

The Saints were a play or so away from winning. They would have had more than a decent chance at beating the Giants at home to go to the Superbowl and from there, no one would be betting the house against them be it Baltimore or New England.

I can't call their defense great but, debacle?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Vernon Davis, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Gates

All of these guys represent HUGE match up problems for the opposing teams secondary. Just wait to see how high a premium is put on BIG safeties in the future (a la Chancellor and Browner in Seattle).

4 teams in the championship games and only one of them is considered an offensive powerhouse, and they (NE) is how they make up for a suspect DEF.