Fireworks

SamSpade

The Solomon's Island fireworks got moved to tonight at 9:15.

I was hoping that some park on our side of the river was open to be able to see them, as there's really no way I'm hauling across the bridge but -

Where's a good place to watch? Myrtle Point would be great but they close at sunset.

I'm going to pas this year. I hate standing around and getting bumped by brazillions of people when it's so frikkin' hot and muggy.

SamSpade

Well, that's how I feel, but I have one of my kids who's never seen them live. And the others, it might as well be waiting for Christmas to come. In the past, I've had friends who lived on the water, but those days are long gone.

SamSpade

Have a late dinner at Clarke's Landing and stay to watch from there.

I was thinking of going there anyway - but no dinner. This is mainly for kids.
I dunno - really thinking the best place is going to be to haul butt over there anyway.

Justme2

Heard from Friends in Baltimore rained like cats and dogs by the buckets full for 2 hours from 4PM -6 PM.
How to find out if they are going to move to tomorrow?????

Baltimore is too far away to worry about. Radar shows the last of the squalls moving thru now, so it should be ok by fire time.

SamSpade

Fireworks were nice to see for a change.

Yeah, we just went to Solomon's anyway.

They were ok. Maybe it's been a while since I've seen a show, but I was slightly disappointed. Kids however, loved it, and that's why we went.

CRHS89

We watched from a friend's house on the river. After they were over we sat around talking and after a 5-10 minutes they set another lone one off. We sat around some more and then when we were leaving, a 2nd "finale" happened. Very odd. Wonder if some of the fireworks not go off as planned the first time around and when found were set off.

We watched from a friend's house on the river. After they were over we sat around talking and after a 5-10 minutes they set another lone one off. We sat around some more and then when we were leaving, a 2nd "finale" happened. Very odd. Wonder if some of the fireworks not go off as planned the first time around and when found were set off.

I heard the final volley from my house, and then a 2nd round a little while later. I just thought it was someone not associated with the show.

Midnightrider

That's pretty normal. They usually have one or two that fail to fire during the show so the set them off manually to clear them. They had quite a few last night. We went out in the boat and waited for most of the traffic before we left and saw the second finale when we were about half way to the west basin.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah, we just went to Solomon's anyway.

They were ok. Maybe it's been a while since I've seen a show, but I was slightly disappointed. Kids however, loved it, and that's why we went.

I miss the big display that Dennis Point used to put on every year. My kids grew up watching that one from our boats every year. I don't recall the cost numbers any more but I do recall they were huge..Tracey didn't seem to care.

SamSpade

I miss the big display that Dennis Point used to put on every year. My kids grew up watching that one from our boats every year. I don't recall the cost numbers any more but I do recall they were huge..Tracey didn't seem to care.

I'm spoiled - a good deal of my adult life I've been going to really big displays, such as the one on the Esplanade in Boston - with the Boston Pops and the cannons across the river during the 1812 Overture finale.

But even then, I'm still used to a BIG boom-boom-boom finale that signals the end - and we didn't really get one.