Firing Squads

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
We are..are you against shooting criminals?
You sure? Then what does Shawshank Redemption or Green Mile have to do with it?

But to answer your question, No. If you have video, or multiple eye witnesses of someone committing a capitol crime, I'd kill them myself by a "death of a thousand cuts" if I could. All I'm against is convicting innocent people who were railroaded through the criminal justice system so some prosecutor can have another feather in their cap. Think Kamala Harris.

Last edited:

jrt_ms1995

It would be nice, but I can't recall it ever happening before. Wouldn't the 'jury of your peers' :sarcasm: that voted guilty be complicit also?

I'm extremely skeptical.
Assuming they (the jury, and others) weren't in on the snow job, then, no. Police who fabricate or hide evidence, prosecutors who knowingly use that evidence or otherwise distort/hide things, judges in the know who allow things to proceed; them, yes. Pretty much a question of good faith. Their jobs are to find and convict the guilty, not to find and convict someone by whatever means.

I'm highly skeptical, too.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Let's switch this up. Would you like the job of "executioner"? Seriously, I wonder how they feel about having to kill someone and watch them die.
It's not like law enforcement where the person they shoot is armed. Even then, the officers involved have some difficulty.

What made me think about this was the "one bullet" comment. I think they use 5 or 6 shooters when they do firing squad. That way the person who shoot the lethal round cannot be identified.

black dog

Free America
Let's switch this up. Would you like the job of "executioner"? Seriously, I wonder how they feel about having to kill someone and watch them die.
It's not like law enforcement where the person they shoot is armed. Even then, the officers involved have some difficulty.

What made me think about this was the "one bullet" comment. I think they use 5 or 6 shooters when they do firing squad. That way the person who shoot the lethal round cannot be identified.

No different than men volunteering for spec-ops or a combat deployment in the Armed Services.
What do pilots feel when they carpet bomb....
What does a sniper feel.....
Whats a doorgunner feel...
There will never be a problem finding shooters...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

That's old school. Of course the one that fired the kill shot would know because it wan't a blank cartridge like the other shooters would have. Executing someone isn't all that emotional. When the executioner executes, I'm pretty sure they have already made their peace with the knowledge that the person is guilty. For them, it's like swatting a fly. No second thoughts at all. Just as in war, one must not, does not, attach emotions to the killing one does against the enemy. Reflecting thoughts about life in general, sure. But nothing they are going to lose sleep over.