Firing Squads

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm for putting all of the possible methods of execution on a big wheel and give it a spin. Round and round it goes, oh too bad, we're giving you to the relatives to take care of.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It's a lot cheaper for one bullet, that's for sure. I'd recommend a 30-06 Federal Premium 180-grain Nosler Partition cartridge. With shot placement center of the forehead, or center of the heart. Then send the bill for the bullet to the family of the prisoner.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Strap 'em to the chair.
Lethally inject 'em.
Firing squad.

I don't see how the method matters as long as it gets the job done.

The big problem with capital punishment is that the politicians are scared to utilize it because We the Sheeple whine and piss if it's not our loved one who was victimized by these scum. It's not expensive to execute some rabid human; what's expensive is the never ending legal process.

We cry and moan about prison overcrowding and the expense of incarcerating all the scum, but I could fix that pretty quickly. I'm not sure why we spend our money caging humans who will never be anything other than violent insane shitbags. Put ALL violent criminals to death, then there will be plenty of room for the thieves and non-violent criminals. Wanna end the for-profit prison system? Put their violent insane guests to death.

But we read too many Stephen King books, where everyone in prison is innocent and a great guy. That's why everyone in the world except me loves Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile - I dislike the romanticizing of scum. I've never watched one second of OITNB because I know I'll hate it. I didn't think Jax was hot, and I didn't think Walter White was cool. I didn't like Tony Soprano or anyone on that show - in fact the only reason I kept watching was to see all those disgusting scum die. I don't root for bad guys, I want to see the good guys win even though they're boring and dumb compared to the charismatic bad guy.

And that's just the tip of my rant. I have a whole freaking months long diatribe about how We the Sheeple have been conditioned to root for bad guys. I could write a book. A series of books. A series that would make GoT look like a Little Golden book.

:burning: lol

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
But we read too many Stephen King books, where everyone in prison is innocent and a great guy. That's why everyone in the world except me loves Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile - I dislike the romanticizing of scum.
I'm getting a mixed message here.

The two examples you site that I've bolded above were innocent people who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and were falsely accused. Perhaps I'm interpreting wrong, but do I sense a bit of irony here?

NextJen

Raisin cane
An article I read said that firing squad was considered because it was hard to obtain the lethal drugs used for execution. Why is that? Don't hundreds, if no thousands of animals get put down every day across this country in animal shelters? Why are lethal drugs easy to obtain for them but not for humans?
I think I also read some time ago that there was some debate on if the drugs used for lethal injection for people was 'humane' because the person may not die quickly enough (or something to that effect). I'm pretty sure once you slip past a certain point you don't know what is happening anyway.
Nighty-night.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
An article I read said that firing squad was considered because it was hard to obtain the lethal drugs used for execution. Why is that? Don't hundreds, if no thousands of animals get put down every day across this country in animal shelters? Why are lethal drugs easy to obtain for them but not for humans?
I think I also read some time ago that there was some debate on if the drugs used for lethal injection for people was 'humane' because the person may not die quickly enough (or something to that effect). I'm pretty sure once you slip past a certain point you don't know what is happening anyway.
Nighty-night.
I think obtaining the drugs for humans vs animals is because humans use drugs that knocks them out before the final drug to stop their heart. Animal shelters just give them the shot that stops the heart. Shelters do not humanely euthanize them.

Hijinx

St. Mary's County Ambulances especially those in Lexington Park go out nearly every day for Overdoses Many are dead when they get there from Fentanyl of heroin, some are saved by Narcan, and CPR but most would die without it. What's more those who don't die cant wait to get more. The St. Mary's County Police have heroin and fentanyl in their evidence room. (Most all police departments do.

Anyone who say's that there are no drugs that will kill someone and have them go out happy are full of sht.
Every State has these drugs on hand as evidence. You can't get any cheaper than that.

Just have a party at the Death House, leave the stuff sitting there and 75% will do the job themselves.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm getting a mixed message here.

The two examples you site that I've bolded above were innocent people who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and were falsely accused. Perhaps I'm interpreting wrong, but do I sense a bit of irony here?

In both those movies we're supposed to root for not only the innocent, but the flat out guilty as well. Red in Shawshank and several characters in Green Mile.

Red killed his wife and a neighbor in cold blood to collect her insurance money. He's the contraband guy in prison who can get illegal stuff for the other murderers and rapists. And yet we're supposed to root for him and have sympathy for him, and just to hammer that home he was played by Morgan Freeman in the movie.

Del in Green Mile raped and killed a young girl and burned her body to cover it up, which started a fire that killed a bunch of other people. Yet he is portrayed as a sympathetic character with a sweet pet mouse.

The John Coffeys and Andy Dufresnes are so rare they're statistically zero. But Stephen King - and the rest of the entertainment industry - really loves to focus on them and go, "See???"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
St. Mary's County Ambulances especially those in Lexington Park go out nearly every day for Overdoses Many are dead when they get there from Fentanyl of heroin, some are saved by Narcan, and CPR but most would die without it. What's more those who don't die cant wait to get more. The St. Mary's County Police have heroin and fentanyl in their evidence room. (Most all police departments do.

Anyone who say's that there are no drugs that will kill someone and have them go out happy are full of sht.
Every State has these drugs on hand as evidence. You can't get any cheaper than that.

Just have a party at the Death House, leave the stuff sitting there and 75% will do the job themselves.

Exactly. Any dumbass on the street can get enough drugs to kill them, what seems to be the problem with the state?

Loper

Animal Poor!
I think obtaining the drugs for humans vs animals is because humans use drugs that knocks them out before the final drug to stop their heart. Animal shelters just give them the shot that stops the heart. Shelters do not humanely euthanize them.
I don't know about the shelters, but the vet's office puts them to sleep first before stopping the heart. They have done it that way for the last 20 years. Just in the last 10, I've had to say goodbye to 7 dogs and one horse.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah buddy, citizen volunteers? Seriously, there should be a fast track for obvious cases, and if any thinks one to the brainpan is painful beyond the pain felt by the victims, we cant even have a conversation, because that person isn't being honest or they are insane. Hell, I'm for the death penalty for using a firearm in the commission of a crime. You want to watch "gun violence" plummet? Do that. Felon with possesion of a gun? Death. Non-felon who commits murder with a gun? Death.

PJay

Yeah buddy, citizen volunteers? Seriously, there should be a fast track for obvious cases, and if any thinks one to the brainpan is painful beyond the pain felt by the victims, we cant even have a conversation, because that person isn't being honest or they are insane. Hell, I'm for the death penalty for using a firearm in the commission of a crime. You want to watch "gun violence" plummet? Do that. Felon with possesion of a gun? Death. Non-felon who commits murder with a gun? Death.

I would like to see the guillotine return, too. Bring back some of the old ways..might scare people enough to make them behave. Worth experimenting...IMHO

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:thewave:

Like Ron White says: if you kill someone, buddy, we will kill you back.

We always hear from the shitbag's mama and relatives and blah blah blah - "He a goot boah! Bought ice creams for the chilluns!" - but how about the people that scum victimized? We never hear about them. That shitbag who got shot when she was in mid knife stroke - say that bitch's name my ass, how about say the name of the girl she was trying to kill?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I don't know about the shelters, but the vet's office puts them to sleep first before stopping the heart. They have done it that way for the last 20 years. Just in the last 10, I've had to say goodbye to 7 dogs and one horse.
Yes. I have put several pets down over the years. I have been told that is the way shelters do it and it's not a peaceful death.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
In both those movies we're supposed to root for not only the innocent, but the flat out guilty as well. Red in Shawshank and several characters in Green Mile.

Red killed his wife and a neighbor in cold blood to collect her insurance money. He's the contraband guy in prison who can get illegal stuff for the other murderers and rapists. And yet we're supposed to root for him and have sympathy for him, and just to hammer that home he was played by Morgan Freeman in the movie.

Del in Green Mile raped and killed a young girl and burned her body to cover it up, which started a fire that killed a bunch of other people. Yet he is portrayed as a sympathetic character with a sweet pet mouse.

The John Coffeys and Andy Dufresnes are so rare they're statistically zero. But Stephen King - and the rest of the entertainment industry - really loves to focus on them and go, "See???"
Sorry, I thought we were talking about real life.