First Colony Center

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
They can't have kids and couldn't find any to adopt. My conclusion is, they couldn't find the "right" one to fit their family because there are tens of thousands of children waiting to be adopted. :shrug:

A very good friend of mine is 7 months into the adoption process and still has no leads on a baby. Her and her husband have good jobs, money in the bank, responsible, mature adults, etc. There are tons of hurdles and BS tape to go through. Adoption is a money making business, and each part of the government is out to get their share. Paperwork is often lost, timed out, not enough notaries, you name it. It's sad.

Goldenhawk

A childless couple in our church adopted two children a few years back. It was a serious hassle on many fronts, with amazing roadblocks at every turn. They ended up finding it far easier to adopt two Chinese babies than American babies, as surprising as that may seem. Even then, it still took years of paperwork and traveling and lawyers and many tens of thousands of dollars out of pocket. Consider that before you toss out dumb statements about "if you Christians really cared about the babies you'd adopt them." It simply shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

ZARA

Adoption is a nightmare. Two of my best friends can't have kids. And trust me, they paid out the wazoo for invetro. One of them was able to give birth to a son years back, but she wants him to have a brother or sister and went through the hoops of adoption here in MD and finally got sick of it. And decided she will spoil her son rotten.

My other best friend went through 8 years of trying to get pregnant but she could never carry to term. It was..well..very bad that I was afraid for her life. She tried adoption but it would have cost her more than the invetro. Amazingly, she met a young lady that was pregnant with her 4th kid, didn't know who the father was, and didn't want the baby. So they put my best friend's husband's name on the birth certificate as the father, the bio-mother signed all her rights away, and a new birth certificate was made with my best friend as the mom.

It is sad that you have to work around the system just to give a loving home to a child that needs it. My God Daughter is precious and I am so thankful her bio-mother was a tramp. :evil:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Hear the great Joe Scheidler, the green beret of the pro-life movement, by calling 410-296-BORN (2676). If you have unlimited long distance please call 773-777-2525. Nobody has converted more persons to pro-life activism than the great Joe Scheidler.You can subscribe to our local email alerts on pro-life issues and events using the form at the top of this page. You can also receive automatic phone reminders by calling 410-296-LIVE (5483) and leaving your phone number.

Sounds like a cult. Freaky. Are we supposed to worship Joe Scheidler too?

Peace be with you.
I was told about the demonstration at Target on Saturday, but forgot about it until too late to go. My wife and I have stood on the Life Chain on 235 often. Many teenagers come there eagerly because they know that they were the lucky ones who got to live. My wife and I could not have any children and could not find any to adopt. Same with the Annual March for Life in DC. There, many women carry signs saying they regret their abortion. Their is help for them to get over there anguish. Dr. Alveda King heads a group for this under Priests for Life.

Maybe you read recently that Cher's mother almost had her aborted and ran out of clinic. How many Scientists that could have cured cancer and other desases were killed before birth?

People who say we do not care about the baby born should check out the CareNet Crisis Pregenancy centers here.

I'm certainly sorry to hear about your infertility situation. My friend had been trying to have a child for 6 or 7 years, had a tubular pregnancy which of course had to be terminated and that ended up blocking her one tube 100% (her other tube was already blocked something like 95%). Luckily she is FINALLY pregnant :yahoo: thru egg donor IVF. Just curious about your statement though about you not being able to find any to adopt. Were you searching for a "baby" and not a "child"..? I know it's a LONG process as another friend of mine was trying to adopt for a couple years in the States when she finally conceded to adopting out of the Country. Her son should be here in the next few months.

A very good friend of mine is 7 months into the adoption process and still has no leads on a baby. Her and her husband have good jobs, money in the bank, responsible, mature adults, etc. There are tons of hurdles and BS tape to go through. Adoption is a money making business, and each part of the government is out to get their share. Paperwork is often lost, timed out, not enough notaries, you name it. It's sad.

Such an ordeal. I think that's why so many couples end up choosing to adopt from overseas. Do they have to adopt a "baby" or would they consider adopting a child that's a bit older? Not sure if that would help, make a difference or speed the process. Just wondering.

Adoption is a nightmare. Two of my best friends can't have kids. And trust me, they paid out the wazoo for invetro. One of them was able to give birth to a son years back, but she wants him to have a brother or sister and went through the hoops of adoption here in MD and finally got sick of it. And decided she will spoil her son rotten.

My other best friend went through 8 years of trying to get pregnant but she could never carry to term. It was..well..very bad that I was afraid for her life. She tried adoption but it would have cost her more than the invetro. Amazingly, she met a young lady that was pregnant with her 4th kid, didn't know who the father was, and didn't want the baby. So they put my best friend's husband's name on the birth certificate as the father, the bio-mother signed all her rights away, and a new birth certificate was made with my best friend as the mom.

It is sad that you have to work around the system just to give a loving home to a child that needs it. My God Daughter is precious and I am so thankful her bio-mother was a tramp. :evil:
I think my friend is somewhere nearing 35/40K for their IVF procedures. It's sad to watch your friend go through something so heartbreaking. And then to watch her see everyone around her get pregnant, multiple times sometimes....heartbreaking. I knew she'd be happy for me, she's a great friend, but I was so 'nervous' (for lack of a better word) to tell her when I was pregnant the first time. This time though, she was already pregnant so I was really excited :biggrin:

And the tramp comment......hilarious! :lol:

ZARA

I think my friend is somewhere nearing 35/40K for their IVF procedures. It's sad to watch your friend go through something so heartbreaking. And then to watch her see everyone around her get pregnant, multiple times sometimes....heartbreaking. I knew she'd be happy for me, she's a great friend, but I was so 'nervous' (for lack of a better word) to tell her when I was pregnant the first time. This time though, she was already pregnant so I was really excited :biggrin:

And the tramp comment......hilarious! :lol:

OMG I cried so much with and for both of them. Both kept having multiple miscarriages. One attempted suicide. I swear it was the worse emotional roller coaster ride ever. I am glad it is over and both are now wonderfully happy.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Such an ordeal. I think that's why so many couples end up choosing to adopt from overseas. Do they have to adopt a "baby" or would they consider adopting a child that's a bit older? Not sure if that would help, make a difference or speed the process. Just wondering.
They want a child, not necessarily an infant. They are completely happy getting a child that is 3 or 4.

SoMDGirl42

They want a child, not necessarily an infant. They are completely happy getting a child that is 3 or 4.

May not be the avenue for them, but I have a friend that does foster care. SHe has 4 bio children. She just completed the adoption of 2 of her foster care kids. That makes 3 she's adopted. Two of them were infants she brought home from the hospital, the third was a young infant <6 months. It took less than 2 years for each adoption. The state provided her a lawyer.

It could possibly be an option.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
May not be the avenue for them, but I have a friend that does foster care. SHe has 4 bio children. She just completed the adoption of 2 of her foster care kids. That makes 3 she's adopted. Two of them were infants she brought home from the hospital, the third was a young infant <6 months. It took less than 2 years for each adoption. The state provided her a lawyer.

It could possibly be an option.
They want a child of their own and don't want to worry about the parents or other family members possibly intervening. Believe me, they've thought of every possible way to get a child.

SoMDGirl42

They want a child of their own and don't want to worry about the parents or other family members possibly intervening. Believe me, they've thought of every possible way to get a child.

That's sad. I hope one day they get to be parents. I hate when someone really, really wants to be a parent, and you know they will be a good one, and can't. Then you have those out here abusing and neglecting the kids they pop out frequently. It's not fair. It sucks!

I really, really hope it works out for your friends.

OMG I cried so much with and for both of them. Both kept having multiple miscarriages. One attempted suicide. I swear it was the worse emotional roller coaster ride ever. I am glad it is over and both are now wonderfully happy.

I cried with my friend too. Not to put her entire story out there, though I haven't said her name (and won't)....she tried with her ex for a few years and just before signing up for IVF he changed his mind on the whole thing, wanted no kids and turned out to be a completely different person than everyone thought...he actually ended up having a baby a year or so after their split. It was a hard pill for her to swallow. Then, she met and fell in love with an absolutely incredible man........incredible. He had no children, wanted them but knew it was a possibility it'd never happen 'naturally' with them. They tried for a few years, had the unsuccessful pregnancy and a couple unsuccessful IVF treatments (is that what you call it?) when finally, it took! She's due 20 days before me. I'm so, so very happy for her (and for both of them). They're going to be great parents.

Great, my pregnant self is getting all emotional now.....grrr, I'm done :lol:

My neighbor fosters children, special needs children actually, and has adopted two. They are such nice people, they're so good to those kiddos...it's so nice to see. Those boys are always out playing in the yard with their 'parents' and they always wave to me, they're so happy. They had a little boy from birth to 9 months last year who was taken by the boys Aunt. They were heartbroken. The adoption paperwork was almost final, the boys Mother was strung out on crack and heroine as was his Father...neither was able to raise him, nor did they want to. Luckily, the Aunt is still in touch with them (my neighbors) and will allow them to keep contact with the lil guy. Still, my heart broke for them when they had to give him up. Now, they have a little girl who's basically in the same boat. She's 9 months old but looks 4-5 months and has already had heart surgery. She's a purty little thing and they're trying to adopt her. We'll see. Basically, I see where your friends are coming from with wanting one of 'their own', to adopt rather than foster.

ZARA

I cried with my friend too. Not to put her entire story out there, though I haven't said her name (and won't)....she tried with her ex for a few years and just before signing up for IVF he changed his mind on the whole thing, wanted no kids and turned out to be a completely different person than everyone thought...he actually ended up having a baby a year or so after their split. It was a hard pill for her to swallow. Then, she met and fell in love with an absolutely incredible man........incredible. He had no children, wanted them but knew it was a possibility it'd never happen 'naturally' with them. They tried for a few years, had the unsuccessful pregnancy and a couple unsuccessful IVF treatments (is that what you call it?) when finally, it took! She's due 20 days before me. I'm so, so very happy for her (and for both of them). They're going to be great parents.

Great, my pregnant self is getting all emotional now.....grrr, I'm done :lol:

Awww!:huggy:

SG_Player1974

Getting back to the OP....

Wasn't there a TV ad with Tim Tebow and his mother for pro-life stating that he was initially an abortion candidate and his mother changed her mind?

Even though I am pro-choice, that ad still sticks in my mind NOT because it was Tim Tebow but, because it was presented in a way that was "family friendly" with no offensive pictures, language, and NO shoving the topic down the public's throat!

If you want to get your point across to the right people, protest with WRITTEN signs and even hand out flyers with your mission statement. You ARE NOT going to convince ANYONE that is making a decision to be pro-ANYTHING to switch to your side of the fence by visually offending them (or their children) :coffee:

SoMDGirl42

Getting back to the OP....

Wasn't there a TV ad with Tim Tebow and his mother for pro-life stating that he was initially an abortion candidate and his mother changed her mind?

Even though I am pro-choice, that ad still sticks in my mind NOT because it was Tim Tebow but, because it was presented in a way that was "family friendly" with no offensive pictures, language, and NO shoving the topic down the public's throat!

If you want to get your point across to the right people, protest with WRITTEN signs and even hand out flyers with your mission statement. You ARE NOT going to convince ANYONE that is making a decision to be pro-ANYTHING to switch to your side of the fence by visually offending them (or their children) :coffee:

I agree :coffee:

DaisyDuke

That's nice for you. Parents should be able to bring it up when they are ready to discuss it with their children.

I hate when people like you assume to know things about people who disagree with you. Just because someone has a different way they'd like to approach their children about this topic must mean that they don't know how to talk to their children. That is horse poop. As someone who taught Kindergarten for many years, I have a great deal of experience in talking with children about a variety of issues. I think my mom did a great job of discussing issues with me growing up and I hope I can do the same for my children. Just because I wouldn't want my children to see these images doesn't mean I don't know how to talk to them. It just means I'd rather not have my child see such graphic images.

I had to talk to my son, who is 8, after our trip to Chikfila this past Saturday morning. I was not in the right frame of mind to discuss something of that nature at that particular time. He was upset and asking questions. You can't shield your child from everything, and they do have a right to protest. I just wish their "shock factor" tactic didn't force me to have such a serious discussion on the way to breakfast.

itsrequired

I had to talk to my son, who is 8, after our trip to Chikfila this past Saturday morning. I was not in the right frame of mind to discuss something of that nature at that particular time. He was upset and asking questions. You can't shield your child from everything, and they do have a right to protest. I just wish their "shock factor" tactic didn't force me to have such a serious discussion on the way to breakfast.

I know right? I just had to explain to my eight year old girl that no, she can't wear shorts like the lady in the picture because that is demeaning to women. :sarcasm:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I just wish their "shock factor" tactic didn't force me to have such a serious discussion on the way to breakfast.

Could you have said "I'm not sure, honey... I didn't get a good look" when your son asked what they were for/about? That's the route I always took when my daughter approached me with uneasy subjects when she was younger. Now that she's 16, I have no problem explaining things w/more detail because she understands it better.