First place coach is fired

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
David Blatt is out as the coach of the Cavaliers. Lots of coaches should be concerned with this move. How much more in first place did they need for the GM not to can him?

"He does his job as great as any coach can do in this league," James said. "It's up to us to go out and produce."

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, the president of the NBA Coaches Association, expressed shock and disappointment over the Cleveland Cavaliers' firing of David Blatt on Friday."I'm embarrassed for our league that something like this can happen like this," Carlisle said. "It's just bizarre. ... It just leaves you with a bit of an empty feeling, because Blatt's a great guy, and he did a great job there."
Carlisle referred to Blatt as "one of the best coaches in history" based on his success in Europe and international basketball. He praised Blatt for successfully adapting and adjusting to the NBA game after spending his entire career coaching overseas.

espn

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Article here says dude was fired because the team and he "failed to connect", there was no team unity, and the Cavs were actually regressing. Go figure, with a 30-11 record.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/report-cavs-fire-blatt-as-coach-20160122/

“Sometimes you can win games in the regular season and get worse,” Griffin said at a hastily-arranged new conference at the team’s practice facility. “We were regressing over a period of time. There’s a lack of connectedness and spirit that I just couldn’t accept.”

Griffin said he did not consult superstar LeBron James or any players before making the move to dismiss Blatt, who was surprised to learn he had been dismissed after going 83-40 in two seasons. Griffin also met with owner Dan Gilbert, who supported the move.

I don't give a crap about the NBA, but this story piqued my interest.