First round of the season with the neph...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...today.

The kid will be 13 this summer, plays it all; soccer, basebal, b'ball, Texas Hold 'em. This is our 6th year playing together. He's gone from his first bag being as big as him to his first full size driver this last Christmas (I had 1 1/2" taken off).

He started making pars from the reds two years ago and shooting under 100. He's got this loooooonnnnng syruppy swing and a smoooooth take away and follow through, PERFECT swing plane. Hits it about 175 or so. Grip is a bit loose. Can chip and putt decent too. Has that athletes eye, just will chip in or hole a 50 footer once a round.

Once he hits his growth spurt and adds some muscle, it's all over, so, I gotta get my licks in while I can. We have a blast and this is first time out of the season!

AAR to follow...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
...today.

The kid will be 13 this summer, plays it all; soccer, basebal, b'ball, Texas Hold 'em. This is our 6th year playing together. He's gone from his first bag being as big as him to his first full size driver this last Christmas (I had 1 1/2" taken off).

He started making pars from the reds two years ago and shooting under 100. He's got this loooooonnnnng syruppy swing and a smoooooth take away and follow through, PERFECT swing plane. Hits it about 175 or so. Grip is a bit loose. Can chip and putt decent too. Has that athletes eye, just will chip in or hole a 50 footer once a round.

Once he hits his growth spurt and adds some muscle, it's all over, so, I gotta get my licks in while I can. We have a blast and this is first time out of the season!

AAR to follow...

:blahblah:

:lmao: my dad said some of that about me....... different wording, but some of that... :lmao:

But good luck with the growing boy, and good for him on the course.. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thanks!

...he loves the game but he sure struggled yesterday. Shot 60-50. He made a 9 on a par three when he thinned a chipped across the green and into the hay and INSISTED on trying to hack it out. Took four whiffs at it, the grass was so nasty. I kept telling him he could take a drop but no, he kept whacking and finally got it out, rolled up to maybe 10 feet.

We still had a great time and he can't wait for more

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
I kept telling him he could take a drop but no, he kept whacking and finally got it out,
Good for him - you don't hone your skills by taking a drop. :yay: