FIRST trip to Africa

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I am going to Morocco in July for two weeks. I have done many trips to Central America and West Indies.

I am so looking forward to this trip. I know it is going to be hotter than the surface of the sun in July but so is FL.

I am using my iPhone as a camera so anyone know a tech device that I can download my pictures to. I won't bring a laptop with me since I will be in many different hotel.

I also will be bringing a lot of sun screen since I get sunburned fasts.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Carry on anything of value. Checked bags over there are often gone through by the baggage handlers. My son's GF had her laptop stolen out of her bags last year.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope you enjoy your trip. I will never leave the US again. Maybe to go to Canada, but that's it.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Enjoy. This here old white guy has more time in the homeland - Ethiopia, Jan 73 - Jul 75, than probably 99% of all the homies here that talk about the homeland. Been to Morocco as well as Libya and Kenya for jaunts.

Have fun, but be aware of your surroundings, as one should wherever they are.:cheers:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Most of the hotels have Wifi. They aren't completely in the middle of nowhere. The only one that may not is the one in the middle of the Sahara.

OK

Install some 'internet' file storage add

One Drive
Drop Box
Google Photo

set up wifi back up ... bob's you uncle you get a nightly back up for your pics

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
How exciting! I hope you get to see some great sights and have a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the pictures! :cheers:

I am SO flipping excited. I would like to go to Thailand or Cambodia next year for a month but there is a lot of unknowns to know that much in advance. 1. Where I will be working or living. I also may be buying a farm in the next year or so...so my off time will be farm projects.

I don't get on here nearly as much as I used to due to network restrictions during the day.

Don't know iPhone, but if it has a removable SD card, buy extra and swap them out when one gets full. No need for an internet connection at all.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm not sure how into photography you are, but if you're just going to use your iPhone, perhaps take a look at some external lenses! I've heard some great things about them - really enhance your pics. I know the basic camera on the new iPhone is pretty spot on, but I think of all the lenses I'd want to bring with me if I was on a safari :lol: at least something with a wide angle or a better telephoto/zoom.

https://mashtips.com/best-iphone-camera-lenses/

how exciting though! take lots of pictures and safe travels!

luvmygdaughters

I am going to Morocco in July for two weeks. I have done many trips to Central America and West Indies.

I am so looking forward to this trip. I know it is going to be hotter than the surface of the sun in July but so is FL.

I am using my iPhone as a camera so anyone know a tech device that I can download my pictures to. I won't bring a laptop with me since I will be in many different hotel.

I also will be bringing a lot of sun screen since I get sunburned fasts.
Wonderful!!! Have a great time and be careful, cant wait to see the pics!! Safe Travels!!