Fishing for Physically Handicapped

TPD

the poor dad
I am amazed almost weekly what we have in our own backyard. Just found out about this yesterday. Someone I've know for years had a boat built specifically for taking out physically handicapped people. If you have someone in a wheelchair who likes to fish but can't get on a boat because of his handicap, book your charter today on the "Redeemer". Brand new 46' Composite Yacht. Hopefully I will post a video clip of it in the next week or so on my YouTube channel of this boat going in the water after it's coast guard inspection. There is also a charitable organization that has been established to help fund this great endeavor. Support local!

ontheriver

I am amazed almost weekly what we have in our own backyard. Just found out about this yesterday. Someone I've know for years had a boat built specifically for taking out physically handicapped people. If you have someone in a wheelchair who likes to fish but can't get on a boat because of his handicap, book your charter today on the "Redeemer". Brand new 46' Composite Yacht. Hopefully I will post a video clip of it in the next week or so on my YouTube channel of this boat going in the water after it's coast guard inspection. There is also a charitable organization that has been established to help fund this great endeavor. Support local!

This is awesome.

Reactions: TPD

ontheriver

Good Luck to them and I'm looking forward to your video and contact info when available. My sister will finally be able to visit soon and I think she'd love this.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Thank you for sharing this! I will share it on my FB page for the people I know who work with folks that have disabilities!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Years ago I volunteered for an event called the Jim Range National Casting Call. It was a fishing event held down at Fletcher's Boathouse in DC. They brought a bunch of wounded soldiers from Walter Reed. Many were missing limbs. My heart broke for those young guys. Most had pretty positive attitudes despite their physical challenges.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A buddy of mine had a wheelchair lift installed on his new boat by the manufacturer so he can take his son out.
There are some really inventive things out there. A few years back I met a guy who was in a wheelchair, had special med hardware hardwired into his body, multitude of life threatening issues, all as a result of a bad car accident. He also drove a huge Ford F-350 with monster tires. He had a davit installed in the bed of the truck with a remote control, and a sliding/rotating driver's seat. He could use the davit to put himself into the driver's seat and then use the davit to put his wheelchair in the bed of the truck, then drive away.

TPD

the poor dad
I can now add "Promotion and Advertising Videographer & Producer" to my resume. The owner of the fishing vessel Redeemer asked me to put together a video he can use to advertise his vessel for the physically handicapped to go fishing. A couple of weeks ago, my daughter and I went down to the pier to meet some veterans from the Charlotte Hall Veterans Home who were taking a fishing trip. Here is the video we produced for advertising. I am not the one narrating.

black dog

Free America
Years ago I volunteered for an event called the Jim Range National Casting Call. It was a fishing event held down at Fletcher's Boathouse in DC. They brought a bunch of wounded soldiers from Walter Reed. Many were missing limbs. My heart broke for those young guys. Most had pretty positive attitudes despite their physical challenges.

I felt that way when I was in Beauford 3 years ago having dinner twice that week at Dockside restaurant.

So many young Marines filling the outside deck and bar area missing limbs and other catastrophic injuries, but like you said all were laughing and having a good time.
I havent 'Barked' so much in 30 years.