Fishing in a strange land...

fish67

I was up in Rockville today with some time to kill around the lunch hour. As I always do, I tried to sniff out some water for fishing. It is always the ultimate challenge in my opinion to walk to the edge of water you have never fished before, or even laid eyes on, and walk away with a quality fish to your credit.

I stumbled upon Lake Needwood in Rockville. I am guessing it is some part of the Rock Creek watershed. Wide open banks with a lot of gravel and rock - not the typical southern Maryland fishing I am used to...

This largemouth took a yellow/white shallow diving crankbait.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2663/3993566266_4f7634d048.jpg

Twitter: So MD Fishing (somdfishing) on Twitter
Facebook: SouthernMarylandFishing.com | Facebook

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I've fished Needwood a few times. Pretty lake. It has at least one 6 pounder. :smile:

Lake Varuna off of Great Seneca Hwy. holds nice fish too. It's actually a very small pond. I've caught a few nice bass out of it including a 4 pounder on a white spinner bait. Let me know if you need directions.

fish67

Lake Varuna off of Great Seneca Hwy. holds nice fish too. It's actually a very small pond. I've caught a few nice bass out of it including a 4 pounder on a white spinner bait. Let me know if you need directions.

Sure, would love to know where Lake Varuna is located...thanks!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• 1009091841.jpg
    1009091841.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 1009091753.jpg
    1009091753.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 87