Fishing License Question

RPMDAD

Just looking to verify here. To fish in MD. Lakes and Ponds, Rivers and Ches. Bay and Ocean being a MD. resident the cost of the license is $35.50? If this is right WOW, that is all....

Annual Non-Tidal License

The annual non-tidal license allows licensee to fish in the fresh waters of Maryland from January 1 through December 31.
Resident $20.50

Resident and Non-Resident Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport (annual) License allows an individual to fish in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries and the state waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Atlantic coastal bays and tributaries from January 1 through December 31.

$15 – Resident Annual

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
And another $5 if you take and possess any trout.

Nice to see that it is only $5 total for residents over 65.

RPMDAD

Wow, just shocked me, haven't fished in md. from shore for years. 21 year old son got a wild hair up his a$$ tonight and wanted to go fishing in the Pax river, got his license online and i was shocked, how much it had gone up for residents since the last time i had purchased a license. For years now have been fishing on the bay, where the boat owner, licenses the boat for everybody on board.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Wow, just shocked me, haven't fished in md. from shore for years. 21 year old son got a wild hair up his a$$ tonight and wanted to go fishing in the Pax river, got his license online and i was shocked, how much it had gone up for residents since the last time i had purchased a license. For years now have been fishing on the bay, where the boat owner, licenses the boat for everybody on board.
Don't know it MD advertises it, but with the fresh water license there is reciprocity with WV.
WVDNR said:
Maryland residents who possess valid Maryland fishing licenses may fish by angling in the waters of Jennings Randolph Lake which are opposite both the Maryland and West Virginia shores, and they may fish from the West Virginia shore of the Potomac River, including the North Branch and Jennings Randolph Lake without obtaining a West Virginia fishing license, subject, however, to all other West Virginia fishing laws, rules and regulations applicable to fishing. This agreement is limited to the Potomac River including the North Branch and Jennings Randolph Lake and does not extend to any of their tributaries.