Fishing License?

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
Can someone tell me if you must have a fishing license if you are fishing from a pier on private property in Calvert County? Half the people I talk to say yes, the other half say no. I called DNR and they said if it was freshwater, yes....saltwater, no. Is the water at Solomons Island considered fresh or salt? As you can tell, I have zero experience or knowledge in this area...so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Interesting. I thought you had to have a saltwater license. The water at Solomons is salt.

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
:howdy: Thanks for the info.

Hopefully the wonderfully polite and courteous woman I spoke to at DNR was right...she didn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Sparx

I'm sure that if you are fishing from any pier around Solomons Is. you need a tidal water liscense. The pier may be private but the water is not.

thatguy

I'm sure that if you are fishing from any pier around Solomons Is. you need a tidal water liscense. The pier may be private but the water is not.

the way i always understood it was that you can fish without a license as long as you are on YOUR OWN Private Property. anyone else needs one while fishing on your property. but that is just my understanding