Fishing Rod Repair

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have some trolling rods that need a couple of eyes replaced. Know of anyone near northern St. Mary's, Waldorf, Prince Frederick that does this?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Holy Cow!! You're still alive!!!!

There was a guy in Charles County that does/did this. He lives just North of 488 on the right side of the road. I can ask my charter boat captain uncle and cousins too for you.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Holy Cow!! You're still alive!!!!

There was a guy in Charles County that does/did this. He lives just North of 488 on the right side of the road. I can ask my charter boat captain uncle and cousins too for you.
Yea that pesky job of mine cutting into my laughing at the silly forum liberals who I see are still here and clueless....:lol:

I would appreciate that!

I think there is an Eye Care Center in California.
One in every crowd...:roflmao:

I've always done my own.

Cut the thread, remove guide get new thread. I think I would use spider wire now maybe. Rewrap and run the end under the last winding or two before pulling tight. Coat with clear protective coating. Something that will stand up to UV.

Cut the thread, remove guide get new thread. I think I would use spider wire now maybe. Rewrap and run the end under the last winding or two before pulling tight. Coat with clear protective coating. Something that will stand up to UV.

Think the Rod and Reel would have the correct materials?

tonyb

Have used Joe Cox in the past, several times. I don't know if he's still open for business. I haven't broken any rods / reels lately that require repair beyond my capability.

I met him through the past fishing expo that used to be held in the Upper Marlboro arena.

His business is just off of sixes road. Not too difficult to find. Give him a call. And if he's still open, i would like to receive a pm or see a post.

thanks,

Tony