Fishing??

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Any one catching any fish lately?? Photos please! Business has been good for me lately but regrettably that keeps me off the water... I am having withdrawal pains...LOL

This has been the most non-fishing summer for me..:cds:

:worthless

Last edited:

spinner

Sorry, no pictures but we've been to Mattawoman Creek and St Mary's Lake. I caught 6 smallish bass at St. Mary's Lake today, it was kind of windy for the kayak though. But fun!
I've been paddling around Harper's Creek on the base on Friday afternoons, I now know where to get a base license so next Friday I'm going to take fishing stuff with me. I'm not sure what to use though as we usually fish for bass and I'm thinking that I need something different. So if you see a yellow kayak paddling around it's probably me, give a wave!
The most amazing thing I've found about kayaking is the amount of wildlife I see. At Mattawoman the other day I saw two snakes swimming, a rabbit drinking on the bank, and heron, osprey, and eagles everywhere. Today it was turtles, I've never seen so many swimming with their little heads poking up though the water. Sometimes I get so busy watching everything I forget I am supposed to be fishing.

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Sorry, no pictures but we've been to Mattawoman Creek and St Mary's Lake. I caught 6 smallish bass at St. Mary's Lake today, it was kind of windy for the kayak though. But fun!
I've been paddling around Harper's Creek on the base on Friday afternoons, I now know where to get a base license so next Friday I'm going to take fishing stuff with me. I'm not sure what to use though as we usually fish for bass and I'm thinking that I need something different. So if you see a yellow kayak paddling around it's probably me, give a wave!
The most amazing thing I've found about kayaking is the amount of wildlife I see. At Mattawoman the other day I saw two snakes swimming, a rabbit drinking on the bank, and heron, osprey, and eagles everywhere. Today it was turtles, I've never seen so many swimming with their little heads poking up though the water. Sometimes I get so busy watching everything I forget I am supposed to be fishing.

In the creek a orange and green beatle spin... will get you some perch...Unless the damm little blue fish are all over the place.. then the beatle spin wont do much but get tore up..

Paddle under that long bridge toward the wooden flat bridge... On the left side before you get to the wood bridge there is a little creek into the bay... When the current is moving throug there its usally filled with fish... And right out side that little creek in the bay is usally a great place to fish..

I sat in there for about an hour one day and caught a zillion blue fish...and perch... tons of fun...

oldman

Lobster Land
No pics and from a 23' Carolina Skiff but we frequently go out of Benedict. There are certain spots/areas where catching mucho perch in a couple hours is common. Was there recently and caught a keeper striper that is not totally uncommon. Haven't caught any reds this year as yet but have the past couple of years. It's a matter of testing the waters and logging the spots you find fish and basically disregarding the rest. My Capt has been here all his life and has it down pretty pat.

Banjo

Well I go several times a week to PAX and fish for Bass. Yesterday I cought 6 and 1 good size crappy. About the norm. Last week I cought 7 bass over 2 days, most 4-5 pounds:) that was fun!!!!

wineo

loving life
No pics, but we have been catching croaker and small blues and a few perch in St. Georges Creek, using peeler crab, soft crab and spot. Using the blues and small perch for bait in crab pots. Kept 2 croakers tonight, we will have them for dinner tommorrow. Have some crab meat to stuff them with. It will be delish.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
ramp004.jpg

ramp005.jpg

ramp006.jpg

Probably around 12 pounds each. Got them a week ago. Fishing was a little slow. I landed 10 but can only legally keep 3 so the others were released. Great fight on a fly pole, don't ever seem to want to give up. They make lots of runs. I can't wait to catch some silver salmon soon.

Grayling on a dry fly.
Grayling006.jpg

Last edited: