Five Times Obama Put Conditions on Foreign Aid and Democrats Didn’t Care

PsyOps

Pixelated
The article says nothing we don't already know. He used his last name to gain a position. But that's not the same as "Daddy getting Hunter a cush job", which is what you said.

I used to have so much respect for you. But, you have become so invested in the leftist cult, that it's become impossible to point out facts to you.

Chris0nllyn

I used to have so much respect for you. But, you have become so invested in the leftist cult, that it's become impossible to point out facts to you.

Don't be mad at me because you repeat talking points with no factual basis.

The fact is, Joe didn't get him the job as you said.
Joe didn't withhold aid as you said. It was loan guarantees. Different animal.

I don't know why it's hard for you to read what I said without getting so defensive. It's not impossible to point out facts, it's just impossible to point out your claims as facts. Nothing I've said is incorrect.

CPUSA

I don't know why it's hard for you to read what I said without getting so defensive. It's not impossible to point out facts, it's just impossible to point out your claims as facts. Nothing I've said is incorrect.

Stjohns3269

Where does Trump say that in his conversation with Zelenski? Why isn't the house impeaching him for that? Why would Trump need to dig dirt on Biden when Biden already admitted, on camera, that he threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid if they didn't fire the lead investigator? What sort of dirt was Trump trying to get?

Jesus man.

1. Yes Biden said that because Biden, as well as the heads of numerous International agencies, were aware of the Prosecutors corruption. That is why they wanted him fired. The prosecutor was investigating Burisma during a time period before Hunter Biden worked there so Hunter Biden was never in any danger of being prosecuted since he hadn't been there.

2. Trump has refused to release the transcript of the phone call in question but we have a witness who was on the call, another who overheard it and Sondland who testified under oath that it was clear that the announcement of an investigation was necessary before the aid would be released.

3. Zellensky scheduled an interview with CNN to make the announcement but cancelled it after the Aid was released the day after the White house became aware of the Whistle blowers account.

Stjohns3269

Schiff made up what was in Trump's phone call with Zelensky despite the public having access to the memo/transcript.

Breaking the rules matters less to me. Those are decorum rules and nothing major. Gaetz and Stefanik knew the rules and were playing games.

The transcript has not been released so you cant possibly know that.

Gaetz stormed a SCIF with a recording device and attempted to make such a disruption a witness could not provide testimony. You think that is a matter of decorum?

Chris0nllyn

The transcript has not been released so you cant possibly know that.

Gaetz stormed a SCIF with a recording device and attempted to make such a disruption a witness could not provide testimony. You think that is a matter of decorum?

Schiff only needed to read the memo/transcript that was released. He embellished and mischaracterized the conversation. That was not needed.

No, Gaetz doing that was a bad thing. 1/3 of the people in that group who complained about a closed door process were actually on the committees and could sit in on those interviews. But that doesn't make a good political stunt.

Stjohns3269

Schiff only needed to read the memo/transcript that was released. He embellished and mischaracterized the conversation. That was not needed.

No, Gaetz doing that was a bad thing. 1/3 of the people in that group who complained about a closed door process were actually on the committees and could sit in on those interviews. But that doesn't make a good political stunt.

Yes. That is exactly what I said the Transcript has not been released. Only a memo which is a characterization of what happened not a transcript. He have Vindmans testimony about what happened on the call and the WB as well. I dont know why you are saying Schiff mischaracterized anything. There is no evidence to that.

Again. That is exactly what i said and you dismissed it as decorum.

So you agree that the only ones breaking rules ( federal ones that protect classified information) were the GOP trying to distract from testimony. That to me show a coordinated effort to keep people from testifying to Trumps guilt. Or in other words attempts at covering up a crime. That is not a little thing.

Stjohns3269

As i said before Trump refuses to release the transcript so it could actually say that verbatim and you wouldn't know. ( it doesn't, but it could as far as you know and you dont care even if it did)

Second, Schiff said clearly "in essence" and this "was a parody" He never said this is exactly what happened on the call.

Again, you continue to try to nitpick and small inconsequential details because you cant defend what Trump did.

Chris0nllyn

Yes. That is exactly what I said the Transcript has not been released. Only a memo which is a characterization of what happened not a transcript. He have Vindmans testimony about what happened on the call and the WB as well. I dont know why you are saying Schiff mischaracterized anything. There is no evidence to that.

Again. That is exactly what i said and you dismissed it as decorum.

So you agree that the only ones breaking rules ( federal ones that protect classified information) were the GOP trying to distract from testimony. That to me show a coordinated effort to keep people from testifying to Trumps guilt. Or in other words attempts at covering up a crime. That is not a little thing.

I get that is a point made in this process (the transcript isn't really one), but the memo is what is created within the system we have. No longer can phone calls be recorded so we have to go off the word and notes of multiple NSC officials who listened in on the call.

My point is, Schiff should have, and could have, simply read from the memo. Everyone else can read it and he did himself no favors by making up things not on the memo. We know there is not a verbatim transcript and Schiff can't say exactly what Trump did during the call, but that's not the point.

I dont know why you are saying Schiff mischaracterized anything. There is no evidence to that.

Besides video evidence.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?46450...nce-maguire-testifies-whistleblower-complaint

t reads like a classic organized crime shakedown. Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates. We’ve been very good to your country, very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don’t see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you though. And I’m going to say this only seven times so you better listen good. I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand. Lots of it. On this and on that. I’m going to put you in touch with people, not just any people, I am going to put you in touch with the attorney general of the United States, my Attorney General Bill Barr. He’s got the whole weight of the American law enforcement behind him. And I’m going to put you in touch with Rudy. You’re going to love him. Trust me. You know what I’m asking. And so I’m only going to say this a few more times. In a few more ways. And by the way, don’t call me again. I’ll call you when you’ve done what I asked.

This is in sum and character what the president was trying to communicate with the president of Ukraine. It would be funny if it wasn’t such a graphic betrayal of the president’s oath of office. But as it does represent a real betrayal, there’s nothing the president says here that is in America’s interest after all.

Schiff himself admitted that his "summary" of the call was meant to be (at least in part) parody. Reading directly from an official memo should not be parody.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4820142/user-clip-schiff-parody

Stjohns3269

I get that is a point made in this process (the transcript isn't really one), but the memo is what is created within the system we have. No longer can phone calls be recorded so we have to go off the word and notes of multiple NSC officials who listened in on the call.

My point is, Schiff should have, and could have, simply read from the memo. Everyone else can read it and he did himself no favors by making up things not on the memo. We know there is not a verbatim transcript and Schiff can't say exactly what Trump did during the call, but that's not the point.

Besides video evidence.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?46450...nce-maguire-testifies-whistleblower-complaint

Schiff himself admitted that his "summary" of the call was meant to be (at least in part) parody. Reading directly from an official memo should not be parody.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4820142/user-clip-schiff-parody

There is a transcript of the actual call that exists and was moved to a secure server usually reserved for highly classified information which this was not and was not protocol.
This is what Trump continues to refuse to release.

Schiff said before his summary that what he was about to say was “in essence” what the phone call said.

At no point did he say this is verbatim what the call said.

if people can’t understand that it’s not his fault.

PsyOps

Pixelated

To me, there is no difference between Joe going directly to Burisma and telling them to hire Hunter, and Joe's influence resulting in Hunter getting hired by Burisma. In all honesty, neither you or I know how that hiring went down. For all we know the former could have been the case. What we do know, that you refuse to acknowledge, is that Hunter admitted that his dad's influence resulted in him getting that job, along with a great many other jobs.

And, I have no problem that aspect of things. I am fully aware that influence plays a big factor in people getting hired. The bothersome part of the Burisma deal is that Hunter decided to work for a company that was deep in corruption and had deep ties to Russia. With all the gnashing of teeth over Trump's alleged collusion with Russia, there seems to be no concern over the Biden's.

Just more hypocrisy from you folks on the left.

Stjohns3269

To me, there is no difference between Joe going directly to Burisma and telling them to hire Hunter, and Joe's influence resulting in Hunter getting hired by Burisma. In all honesty, neither you or I know how that hiring went down. For all we know the former could have been the case. What we do know, that you refuse to acknowledge, is that Hunter admitted that his dad's influence resulted in him getting that job, along with a great many other jobs.

And, I have no problem that aspect of things. I am fully aware that influence plays a big factor in people getting hired. The bothersome part of the Burisma deal is that Hunter decided to work for a company that was deep in corruption and had deep ties to Russia. With all the gnashing of teeth over Trump's alleged collusion with Russia, there seems to be no concern over the Biden's.

So if you have no issue with Nepotism ala Hunter or Ivanka or Jared let’s set that issue aside.

Hunters law firm did work for Burisma

After that Hunter went to serve on their Board

The prosecutor launched an investigation Into Burisma regarding the time period prior to Hunter working there.

Joe Biden requested he be fired as a condition of aid due to intelligence from numerous agencies that he was corrupt.

He was fired.

if you don’t have a problem with the nepotism then there remains no other issue according to the timeline and the actual facts

PsyOps

Pixelated
So if you have no issue with Nepotism ala Hunter or Ivanka or Jared let’s set that issue aside.

Hunters law firm did work for Burisma

After that Hunter went to serve on their Board

The prosecutor launched an investigation Into Burisma regarding the time period prior to Hunter working there.

Joe Biden requested he be fired as a condition of aid due to intelligence from numerous agencies that he was corrupt.

He was fired.

if you don’t have a problem with the nepotism then there remains no other issue according to the timeline and the actual facts

Well, I guess the standard is set. It's okay to work for a foreign company, replete with corruption, and dedicated friends with Putin.

And you people were worried about Trump's so-called collusion? :lol:

Chris0nllyn

It very well could be his influence. But the same can be said for any number of people holding Board positions around the world. It's simply how things are. I don't have to like it, you don't have to like it.

There was concerns about Biden and his role as VP and conflicts of interest regarding his son when it all happened. There's plenty of news stories available online that show that.

To me, hypocrisy is complaining about Hunter Biden using his father's position to get him a job while not even mentioning Ivanka or Kushner who got their jobs for being kids of the President. Same concept, different letter after the name.