five white Maryland police officers taser and arrest black teenager 'after he ignored warning to stop vaping on boardwalk'

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
It never seems to end...

• Bystanders captured the moment a black teen was surrounded by five officers, then tased while his hands were up for allegedly vaping on the boardwalk
  • Footage of Saturday's of 19-year-old Brian Anderson, who appears to be cooperative with police but was immobilized anyway, has gone viral
  • Anderson appears to reach for the strap of his backpack but is instantly tasered by an officer and falls to the ground clutching his stomach in pain
  • Eyewitnesses claimed he had been asked to take off his backpack
  • Additional footage from the same day captured Khalil Warren's arrest in front of a large crowd as three officers are on top of the teen attempting to handcuff him
  • Police said in a statement that they are aware of the various clips circulating online and defended the officers use of force
  • They added that an investigation into Sunday's arrests has been launched
  • Ocean City Council has banned smoking and vaping on its beaches and boardwalk, and only allows smoking on certain designated areas of its beach

Grumpy

Why were there 5 cops over a vaping complaint there in the first place?

It's not in the media's best interest to report why 5 cops were there other than to say this gang of 5 cops went looking for someone to tase. We'll never hear the full story about this incident.

stgislander

PREMO Member

I suppose they can say it looked like he was reaching for something the way he was removing his backpack.
It was the Death Row Records t-shirt that spooked the cops.

PeoplesElbow

Not saying he was reaching for a weapon, but that is an unusual way to reach back and remove your backpack.

Almost looks like an intentional move to me to provoke a use of force response from po po.
I never use both straps so I decided to put a backpack on that way and see how I take it off. I got stuck and couldn't get the damn thing off. I flailed around before I finally got it off and now my shoulder hurts, lol

BOP

I suppose they can say it looked like he was reaching for something the way he was removing his backpack.
I didn't count 'em, but it looked like way more than 5 cops to me.

BOP

I never use both straps so I decided to put a backpack on that way and see how I take it off. I got stuck and couldn't get the damn thing off. I flailed around before I finally got it off and now my shoulder hurts, lol
Yer gettin' old, dude.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Reminds me of this scene - skip to about the 2:30 mark

glhs837

Power with Control
Once again, when you're told to do something, just do it. Fight it out in court later if necessary.

But that's it it looked like he was doing what he was told reaching back to hook that strap off his shoulder. Sounds more like the OC cops were a little bit trigger Happy

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
But that's it it looked like he was doing what he was told reaching back to hook that strap off his shoulder. Sounds more like the OC cops were a little bit trigger Happy
Again, depends on the news report. The noon report I saw said they were asked to not vape outside of a designated vaping area, and they flatly refused to put it away and continued vaping. Escalated from there.

black dog

Free America
Again, depends on the news report. The noon report I saw said they were asked to not vape outside of a designated vaping area, and they flatly refused to put it away and continued vaping. Escalated from there.

A bullshit misdemeanor is a reason for being tased nowdays?
It not like there wasn't enough manpower to handle things.

Odds are the taxpayers will be paying for a 4 bedroom condo for this young man.