Fla sheriff threatens to deputize gun owners to foil protests

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Now I want protesters to challenge the sheriff to a showdown.

Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels, no stranger to making viral videos appealing to tough-on-crime politics, released a video Tuesday that said he will make “special deputies of every lawful gun owner in this county” if he feels the county is overwhelmed by protesters.

The three-minute video shows Daniels standing in front of 18 deputies as he derides civil-rights protesters as godless disruptors and tells them to stay out of Clay County, a suburb of Jacksonville.

“And if you come to Clay County and you think for one second, we’ll bend our backs for you, you’re sadly mistaken,” he said. “I know what happens when lawlessness prevails. And in this day and time, God is raising up men and women just like the folks standing behind me who will have strong backbones and will stand in the gap between lawlessness and the citizenry we’re sworn to protect.”

I dare you to protest

General Lee

Lord bless this Sheriff.
That is an American man, and we all should be proud to stand beside him and his like.
I sincerely hope it does not come to that, but if it does, I hope that our local sheriffs act like that.
One local sheriff will, 2 will not.

UglyBear

One local sheriff will, 2 will not.
In your opinion, which ones?
I saw snippets of tri-county sheriffs’ talk (don’t remember what it was called exactly), and ol’ Mike Evans looked like he was about to punch the other two guys, and a pissed off pit bull growls less than Mike did :p

WingsOfGold

Whats worse getting arrested by Wee Man
kpih4e-02armed.jpg

Or Eddie Haskel?
Ken-Osmond-Side-by-Side.jpg

General Lee

In your opinion, which ones?
I saw snippets of tri-county sheriffs’ talk (don’t remember what it was called exactly), and ol’ Mike Evans looked like he was about to punch the other two guys, and a pissed off pit bull growls less than Mike did :p
You answered your question ;)