Flags Across Ridge

TPD

the poor dad
A couple weeks ago I came up with another one of my crazy ideas - I wanted to put an American flag on every utility pole from the intersection in Ridge down to the hardware store - 40 flags total. I wanted them to hang from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. I went to the American Legion to see if they would help in this endeavor. I said I would put up $500. They agreed to match. A forum member here threw in $100 towards the cause. The Legion Ladies Auxiliary said they would make up the difference. One of the guys at the bar said he had a bucket truck that he would provide to hang the flags. Others at the bar thought it was a great idea and immediately started getting on the phone to make calls to SMECO and Verizon to get permission to put flags on their poles. Within a week we had all the permissions and the monies we needed. My daughter ordered the flags and and the solar lights to go on top of the flag poles. My employees at the store assembled all of the flags and lights. Today it all came together and we got the flags hung! My thanks to Bay Forrest Tree Service for his use of the bucket truck, to the Legion, Auxiliary, and forum member for donation of cash to help with costs, to my employees who prepared all of the flags, and to a local community member who helped me put the flags up today. I think Ridge looks like a nice small town you would be proud to live in or do business in!

I will have a full video on my Youtube channel in the next week or so. In the mean time here is a short clip.

flags.jpg

flag.jpg

PeoplesElbow

A couple weeks ago I came up with another one of my crazy ideas - I wanted to put an American flag on every utility pole from the intersection in Ridge down to the hardware store - 40 flags total. I wanted them to hang from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. I went to the American Legion to see if they would help in this endeavor. I said I would put up $500. They agreed to match. A forum member here threw in $100 towards the cause. The Legion Ladies Auxiliary said they would make up the difference. One of the guys at the bar said he had a bucket truck that he would provide to hang the flags. Others at the bar thought it was a great idea and immediately started getting on the phone to make calls to SMECO and Verizon to get permission to put flags on their poles. Within a week we had all the permissions and the monies we needed. My daughter ordered the flags and and the solar lights to go on top of the flag poles. My employees at the store assembled all of the flags and lights. Today it all came together and we got the flags hung! My thanks to Bay Forrest Tree Service for his use of the bucket truck, to the Legion, Auxiliary, and forum member for donation of cash to help with costs, to my employees who prepared all of the flags, and to a local community member who helped me put the flags up today. I think Ridge looks like a nice small town you would be proud to live in or do business in!

I will have a full video on my Youtube channel in the next week or so. In the mean time here is a short clip.

View attachment 164303
View attachment 164304

That is awesome.

I bolded the part that surprises me.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I like the solar lights.

Not the first one to do it, and I'd love to see a lot more of it.

Bobwhite

View attachment 164303
View attachment 164304

I hate it when people make me cry right after I've put my makeup on. Well done, sir.