Flags Across Ridge

awpitt

Main Streeter
A couple weeks ago I came up with another one of my crazy ideas - I wanted to put an American flag on every utility pole from the intersection in Ridge down to the hardware store - 40 flags total. I wanted them to hang from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. I went to the American Legion to see if they would help in this endeavor. I said I would put up $500. They agreed to match. A forum member here threw in $100 towards the cause. The Legion Ladies Auxiliary said they would make up the difference. One of the guys at the bar said he had a bucket truck that he would provide to hang the flags. Others at the bar thought it was a great idea and immediately started getting on the phone to make calls to SMECO and Verizon to get permission to put flags on their poles. Within a week we had all the permissions and the monies we needed. My daughter ordered the flags and and the solar lights to go on top of the flag poles. My employees at the store assembled all of the flags and lights. Today it all came together and we got the flags hung! My thanks to Bay Forrest Tree Service for his use of the bucket truck, to the Legion, Auxiliary, and forum member for donation of cash to help with costs, to my employees who prepared all of the flags, and to a local community member who helped me put the flags up today. I think Ridge looks like a nice small town you would be proud to live in or do business in!

I will have a full video on my Youtube channel in the next week or so. In the mean time here is a short clip.

That is so cool!!!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A few on here called her Bob sometimes. I thought they knew her. Feel bad for suggesting she not go to a Beauty Salon and go to the Barber shop instead.
I'd be willing to bet she harbors no ill will towards you for the misunderstanding. :yay:

Bobwhite

I harbor no ill will toward anyone for thinking I'm a man. My first name is one that can be either male or female so I have often been mistaken for a man. I thing I was looking at a picture of some birds when I set up my userid. I don't always know the gender of some of the people on here.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Looks really nice, TPD. My grandson loves the "Camerican" flags.

0525221110a~3.jpg

Gotta hater in Ridge, huh? I see two poles with brackets and no flags.

0525221112_HDR~2.jpg

What's up with that?

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
@my-thyme Before we got all of the flags hung, these 2 flags had already been removed. We went to the homeowner to ask what the issue was, stating that we had permission from the utility companies to put the flags on the poles. He stated that he could not be associated with American flags on his property, something to the effect that he had problems with America right now. A couple of times he mentioned gay pride flags but not sure what his point was, unless he was trying to say that we would have a problem with gay pride flags like he has a problem with the American flag. The person with me nor myself never indicated we had any issue with other flags, just that we were trying to make Ridge feel like a small town with patriotism and that we were not making a political statement with these flags, keeping it neutral by only hanging the American flag. The heck of it is his wife came out to speak to us while we were putting up the flags in front of their house and she never indicated her objection to them.

Oh well I guess you can't please everyone, but it is obvious that the only flags missing are the 2 in front of his house. A couple of people sent texts to me Monday evening asking about these 2 poles without flags. We did get our flags back from him and will be placing them elsewhere.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Before we got all of the flags hung, these 2 flags had already been removed. We went to the homeowner to ask what the issue was, stating that we had permission from the utility companies to put the flags on the poles. He stated that he could not be associated with American flags on his property, something to the effect that he had problems with America right now.
There's always one ########, ####### POS in every crowd... nothing you can do.

Reactions: TPD