Flat Iron Christmas lights?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
What time? and is it still going on? I know it was posted but my computer is acting up and I can't find it. Help please! I would like to take my folks.

Amy

I think most of the horses have had enough of people trying to pet them. My Jake seems to love the attention though.

showqueen74

I think most of the horses have had enough of people trying to pet them. My Jake seems to love the attention though.

Flurry seems to be getting over it too, she's not so People = Treats!! People = Treats!! The first few days she was glued to her door begging for treats. But the exposure is good for her.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
If you ever have the chance to show at the Maryland State Fair, in Timonium during the State Fair, once the Midway rides opens up it is just as loud with the light flashing as the Christmas Lights at FIF. Guess all the horses are desensitized by the time the Holidays are over. Either that or they are :starcat::starcat::starcat::jameo::jameo::lmao::lmao:

Amy

Yes definitely. I showed a couple times at the State Fair when I was in 4H. It always seemed like the had some of the craziest rides at the one end of the ring.

BZHorseMomE

Yes definitely. I showed a couple times at the State Fair when I was in 4H. It always seemed like the had some of the craziest rides at the one end of the ring.

Yes, when you were jumping lines going towards the rides it was like your horse was cantering in reverse and jumping at the same time.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Cotton or ear plugs are a wonderful thing:yay:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
If you ever have the chance to show at the Maryland State Fair, in Timonium during the State Fair, once the Midway rides opens up it is just as loud with the light flashing as the Christmas Lights at FIF. Guess all the horses are desensitized by the time the Holidays are over. Either that or they are :starcat::starcat::starcat::jameo::jameo::lmao::lmao:

in 1981 I showed a YRLING in grooming and showmanship and won a class of over 20 there...that yrling was broke to stuff after a few days there...

BZHorseMomE

in 1981 I showed a YRLING in grooming and showmanship and won a class of over 20 there...that yrling was broke to stuff after a few days there...

Yeah, we would do the equitation day at the State Fair, which was before the 4-H shows, to get our horses use to the crazy rides.

Back when you had to ride in County & District shows to quilify for the State Fair my brother showed my 5 yr. old OTTB. He won his Horse Gelding class and was overall Grand Champion Gelding. That horse was bomb proof and finished first in his Hunter Under Saddle class & Senior Eq. class. Who said OTTB can be calm. Give me a talented OTTB any day.:starcat::starcat:

I would have shown my horse that year, but I had aged out of 4-H the year before & my OTTB Gelding was recovering from an injury my last year in 4-H.

Last edited:

Amy

Good memories...
I know what you mean about OTTBs. My last show in 4H was there. I took my 4 yr OTTB there. It was his second show. We won the gelding horse conformation class and the horse hunter under saddle class. He behaved perfectly. His ears were up the entire time during both classes but he never spooked. His trot was a little faster than normal in the class though.