Flat Iron recommendations

puggymom

Does anyone own one? I just had my hair cut and the stylist flat ironed my hair and it looked great but just regular drying makes it look frizzy. I have looked online and having never owned one that just made me more indecisive as to what is a good product.
Anyone have one they love?

Does anyone own one? I just had my hair cut and the stylist flat ironed my hair and it looked great but just regular drying makes it look frizzy. I have looked online and having never owned one that just made me more indecisive as to what is a good product.

Do a forum "search" on flat irons. You will find plenty to read.

puggymom

Ceramic Iron worked! Thanks...of course I am now off to google for more reaseach on tourmaline vs ceramic :ohwell:

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

amazon has the best price on chi irons and amazon will honor the warranty themselves unlike some other retailers.

Last edited:

me123

hi! The one that works best for me (i have thick curly hair and hate it) is the one from Sally's its black with gold as the flat iron part that gets hot (I think its copper). Its about $60 but its WORTH IT!! Trust me! I had my for at least a good 4-5 years then it died..i was pretty bummed about it until i bought another one and of course i cannot complain at all.

I'm not sure what type of hair you have but if your like me, i also use a couple of hair products to help tame the frizz as well. In high school i was made fun of..."the girl with the frizzy hair" it took me until i was about 19/20 to figure out what really works for my hair and i'm 25 now. I cant even list how many products i've tried but now i've found the right mixture to tame the frizz. hope this helps!

Verbena62

Just bought a GHD from my friend who is a stylist - works better than any that I have bought in regular store. I have very thick, coarse hair and it gets pretty frizzy when I dry it - I put a small dab of Moroccan Miracle Oil on it before I dry it and it smells so nice when the heat from the iron activates it. Plus it adds shine and control without greasiness.