Fleas

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Does flea dirt fall off cats during normal activities? Looked in on the babies and there are a couple black specks on top of the white clothes in the laundry basket where one of them is sleeping. I also found some on my bed. I rubbed it between my fingers and it smeared.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Accidentally bought a 5 lb. bag of the Diatomaceous Earth. I can never judge size by weight when ordering something online. If anyone would like it for fleas or as a food additive, let me know and I can send it your way. Would hate to see it go to waste.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have a big bag of the DE used in pool filters.
Only use that outside on ant hills.

wittykitty

Over the weekend I gave the kittens a bath with Dawn dish soap to try to get rid of fleas. Did not see any but with being outside so long and them scratching, I figured they probably had fleas. What can I use on the carpets that is safe for such small kittens? If they are way too young for regular flea shampoo, the harsh stuff for carpets is probably not recommended either.
I had an indoor cat who mysteriously got fleas. I think my friend’s purse or clothing must have carried them in.

I was seriously concerned about using a natural remedy and I tried everything, including vacuuming a couple times a day and using flea shampoo on my rugs and upholstery (luckily my flooring was wood).

Ultimately I had to spread food-grade diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of my home, and I used it inside, which I absolutely despised because of the dusty mess. It helped tremendously but I couldn’t seem to get rid of every single flea, so I used the flea/larvae/tick treatment that goes on their neck. Unfortunately the chemical was the best option.

Good luck! Please keep us posted!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I had an indoor cat who mysteriously got fleas. I think my friend’s purse or clothing must have carried them in.

I was seriously concerned about using a natural remedy and I tried everything, including vacuuming a couple times a day and using flea shampoo on my rugs and upholstery (luckily my flooring was wood).

Ultimately I had to spread food-grade diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of my home, and I used it inside, which I absolutely despised because of the dusty mess. It helped tremendously but I couldn’t seem to get rid of every single flea, so I used the flea/larvae/tick treatment that goes on their neck. Unfortunately the chemical was the best option.

Good luck! Please keep us posted!
I took them to the vet last Saturday and got some flea treatment that goes on their necks. The vet said in cats, unless there is an infestation, you can't really see them on cats like you can on dogs.