Flight booking sites

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Looking to travel to NH in late February for a conference. Where's the best place to comparison shop for flights? I used to use Travelocity but that's been eons ago and thought there may be other and possibly better ones out there to check. TIA!

nobody really

I need a nap
I fly southwest all the time, great deals....we just booked a January ski trip to Colorado, round trip $280.

I've used Travelocity, but to cancel air fare is a big loss. with southwest, you can cancel 24 hrs in advance and just bank your ticket (they really just give you a credit, but I've cancelled twice in the past and have just used it for another ticket).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
After more research, I booked us on Southwest. I found cheaper flights on United leaving from Dulles BUT found out it allowed NO carry-ons or checked bags for free! For that privilege, you need to shell out another $60 PER BAG. No thank you!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
After more research, I booked us on Southwest. I found cheaper flights on United leaving from Dulles BUT found out it allowed NO carry-ons or checked bags for free! For that privilege, you need to shell out another $60 PER BAG. No thank you!
I think, sometimes if you don't check your bag and wait until you're about to board, leave it at the door and they have to stow it and not charge.

black dog

Free America
I think, sometimes if you don't check your bag and wait until you're about to board, leave it at the door and they have to stow it and not charge.

Ive never seen that.... Announcements are made more than once before boarding...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If I had to drive to Dulles to catch a flight to NH, I think I'd just rent a car and drive to NH.
Driving is not an option. :lol: My companion and I talked about the horror of going to Dulles, and decided it was not worth the hassle. Then it became a non-factor when taking a Southwest flight out of BWI was actually the cheapest overall.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Driving is not an option. :lol: My companion and I talked about the horror of going to Dulles, and decided it was not worth the hassle. Then it became a non-factor when taking a Southwest flight out of BWI was actually the cheapest.
That's good. The other option is Amtrak from DC to Boston and then a rental car to NH. Problem with that is Amtrak ticket is likely way more expensive that Southwest ticket.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That's good. The other option is Amtrak from DC to Boston and then a rental car to NH. Problem with that is Amtrak ticket is likely way more expensive that Southwest ticket.
I have driven in Boston - no thank you! Although I would like to go by train, time is a factor so flying is the way to go. Manchester Airport is about 15 miles from the hotel, so we are just going to take a taxi or Uber.

TPD

the poor dad
I prefer Dulles over BWI - takes about the same time to get to either but many less red lights on the way to IAD. But of course DCA is my first choice and I will pay more for flights from here with all other filters being the same. Got three trips booked over the next two months, all out of DCA, AND NONE ON SOUTHWEST! They have screwed me over too many times.