Florida Blue cancels insurance for 300,00

Caution

Florida Blue cites Affordable Care Act - Jacksonville Business Journal

thank you obama, is this how you plan to make your numbers? by running affordable companies out of business?

And this is from the same website:

Report: 700,000 Floridians may not have insurance despite Obamacare

"The report says some low-income residents earn too much to qualify for Medicaid, but not enough to receive tax credits to help them afford coverage under healthcare exchanges."

Report: 700,000 Floridians may not have insurance despite Obamacare - Jacksonville Business Journal

Florida Blue is the only insurer to offer plans on the exchange in all 67 of Florida’s counties.

Planned method to get more money. They force them off individual policies. People being who they are will think, "I've used them before, I know who they are, I know nothing about the other offerings, so I'll resign with them."

Florida Blue gets it's client base back at a higher profit margin.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And this is from the same website:

Report: 700,000 Floridians may not have insurance despite Obamacare

"The report says some low-income residents earn too much to qualify for Medicaid, but not enough to receive tax credits to help them afford coverage under healthcare exchanges."

Report: 700,000 Floridians may not have insurance despite Obamacare - Jacksonville Business Journal
This sounds eerily familiar..

Oh wait, the EXACT same thing happened in MA. The number of uninsured didn't change (though it may have gone up slightly) just the WHO was uninsured changed.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Planned method to get more money. They force them off individual policies. People being who they are will think, "I've used them before, I know who they are, I know nothing about the other offerings, so I'll resign with them."

Florida Blue gets it's client base back at a higher profit margin.

Where else can they get away with ungodly high premiums and skyhigh deductibles.