Florida C-19 Testing: 100% Positive

Rommey

ORLANDO, Fla. - After FOX 35 News noticed errors in the state's report on positivity rates, the Florida Department of Health said that some laboratories have not been reporting negative test result data to the state.
Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 News found that testing sites like one local Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive.

How could that be? FOX 35 News investigated these astronomical numbers, contacting every local location mentioned in the report.
The report showed that Orlando Health had a 98 percent positivity rate. However, when FOX 35 News contacted the hospital, they confirmed errors in the report. Orlando Health's positivity rate is only 9.4 percent, not 98 percent as in the report.

Gee, I wonder why some people don't trust the numbers being published...

On a related note....I was wondering about all the "cases" that get reported. For example, If a person tests positive, they generally need 2 negative tests to return to work, so one single person could have three tests in the "system". So that affects the positivity rate if trying to equate testing to individual people. But what if the second and/or third test come back positive? The number of cases is now skewed as two (or more) cases are attributable to one person.

Simply put, the number of reported positive and negative tests do not necessarily equal the number of different people testing positive or negative.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We just had that discussion here about 3 days ago..

Nurses and healthcare workers especially..

Tech

We just had that discussion here about 3 days ago..

Nurses and healthcare workers especially..
Of the few health care workers I have talked to have not ever been tested. You think identifying those who may be exposed to the vulnerable be tested to remove the positive.

Crabcatcher79

Right? I was exposed by a coworker but didnt fit the protocol for a test. :sshrug:

Every fire station in DC is doing free on demand testing.

I have come in contact with people who have been infected and I have immune compromised friends and elderly parents.

Sorry if your experience is not the same as mine

Scat

Every fire station in DC is doing free on demand testing.

I have come in contact with people who have been infected and I have immune compromised friends and elderly parents.

Sorry if your experience is not the same as mine
Damn, another lie...An AIDS patient, that explains some things. Bet youre testing at eng 10.

Crabcatcher79

Damn, another lie...An AIDS patient, that explains some things. Bet youre testing at eng 10.

I don't know what type of idiocy that is supposed to represent.

Is it supposed to be some veiled bigotry? Is Eng 10 an indication of something bad?

Are you some kind of moron?

Scat

I don't know what type of idiocy that is supposed to represent.

:lmao: You said EVERY DC fire dept is offering free testing and that is a lie. Own it, moron

SamSpade

You know - I don't know what to believe. Already know that in many places, if you die from anything - a gunshot wound - but test positive for COVID, it's a COVID death. We now have HUNDREDS of labs in just one state only releasing positive tests - hence showing 100% positive. We have a positive and negative uptick for each test - even if they are all the same PERSON.

And of course, we have foreign governments, especially China - which miraculously, despite all other evidence to the contrary, has managed to eliminate it completely, coming in behind Qatar in total cases. Seriously.

What we HAVE observed is, it appears to have run its course in the region of the country where we STILL have most of the deaths recorded - NYC and the surrounding areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Am I supposed to believe that - after devastating this area - the REASON it's being beaten is because people suddenly after several months all decided to wear masks? Protests notwithstanding?

I am no epidemiologist - but I suspect it's dwindling for the same reason a forest stops burning - it runs out of fuel. The whole concept of herd immunity is to let it run its course and deal with the patients - because sooner or later, the virus runs out of places to go. The most logical place for this to happen is where it's already beat the hell out of the population.

We're being barraged with stupid ass memes saying, please morons, just wear your mask - the U.S. is doing terrible at this. Sorry - but if it's moronic behavior propagating this pandemic, the United States has no corner on idiocy. It also says that the bastions of the left where it's devastated the population is FULL of morons - who suddenly wised up.

Crabcatcher79

You know - I don't know what to believe. Already know that in many places, if you die from anything - a gunshot wound - but test positive for COVID, it's a COVID death. We now have HUNDREDS of labs in just one state only releasing positive tests - hence showing 100% positive. We have a positive and negative uptick for each test - even if they are all the same PERSON.

And of course, we have foreign governments, especially China - which miraculously, despite all other evidence to the contrary, has managed to eliminate it completely, coming in behind Qatar in total cases. Seriously.

What we HAVE observed is, it appears to have run its course in the region of the country where we STILL have most of the deaths recorded - NYC and the surrounding areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Am I supposed to believe that - after devastating this area - the REASON it's being beaten is because people suddenly after several months all decided to wear masks? Protests notwithstanding?

I am no epidemiologist - but I suspect it's dwindling for the same reason a forest stops burning - it runs out of fuel. The whole concept of herd immunity is to let it run its course and deal with the patients - because sooner or later, the virus runs out of places to go. The most logical place for this to happen is where it's already beat the hell out of the population.

We're being barraged with stupid ass memes saying, please morons, just wear your mask - the U.S. is doing terrible at this. Sorry - but if it's moronic behavior propagating this pandemic, the United States has no corner on idiocy. It also says that the bastions of the left where it's devastated the population is FULL of morons - who suddenly wised up.

We know that when both parties wear masks the transmission rate is almost zero or is zero.

I have a friend who lives less than 2 hours from Wuhan and he says that people immediately started wearing masks back in February. Contact tracing was done for anyone with symptoms or tested positive.
You were revisited to isolate yourself for two weeks with the government dropping off supplies for you daily and you were not allowed spit in to the community.

I don’t think it’s surprising that given those protocols they were able to contain it much more effectively than the US who had no national plan, no make mandate and is only now getting enough testing and contract tracing to adequately contain it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We know that when both parties wear masks the transmission rate is almost zero or is zero.

YOU Are Lying Again - MASKS DO NOT PROTECT YOU FROM GETTING COVID-19

I don’t think it’s surprising that given those protocols they were able to contain it much more effectively than the US who had no national plan, no make mandate and is only now getting enough testing and contract tracing to adequately contain it.

yeah Chinese Communist Gov. Welded the doors of people trapping them in their homes WITH NOTHING TO SURVIVE

Chinese Communist Gov putting muslims in camps to harvest and see their organs .......

I'm going to believe what the CCP says about containing The Wuhan Virus

SamSpade

Decided I might just peek at the Show Ignore.

No - WE don't. I have very grave doubts that any ACTUAL testing of that sort was done, because no reputable place could possibly have deliberately exposed uninfected people to the virus just to see how well it transmits. At least, certainly not with the kind of situation most people face.

We have disposables - which people don't dispose. We have cloth ones which are never washed, and every expert I've read says serve almost no purpose at all. We have the N95 types used to block toxins but which do nothing to inhibit airflow OUT. And we have people scratching and touching their faces, not wearing gloves while they handle money and produce and doorknobs and freezer handles in the grocery.

I have a friend who lives less than 2 hours from Wuhan and he says that people immediately started wearing masks back in February. Contact tracing was done for anyone with symptoms or tested positive.

I have an 83 year old MOTHER who has tested postive for it and is in the hospital for another condition - and she never goes anywhere, because she can't drive and barely leaves her house. How in hell did SHE get it? She has a heart condition and has seizures, and I can tell you if she dies in the hospital next week - they'll claim it was COVID, even though she is NOT running a fever or showing any COVID symptoms.

NO, I am very unconvinced that this thing CAN be well contained. It's like beach sand - once it's in your towel and shoes, it will eventually be all over your house.

And I don't believe a word of what has come out of China - somewhere a few months back, they suddenly had NO NEW CASES nationwide. The JHU dashboard shows just a few hundred active cases. Just 34 in all of Shanghai, largest city in China. 25 million. Just 34. That's crap.

Crabcatcher79

Decided I might just peek at the Show Ignore.

No - WE don't. I have very grave doubts that any ACTUAL testing of that sort was done, because no reputable place could possibly have deliberately exposed uninfected people to the virus just to see how well it transmits. At least, certainly not with the kind of situation most people face.

We have disposables - which people don't dispose. We have cloth ones which are never washed, and every expert I've read says serve almost no purpose at all. We have the N95 types used to block toxins but which do nothing to inhibit airflow OUT. And we have people scratching and touching their faces, not wearing gloves while they handle money and produce and doorknobs and freezer handles in the grocery.

I have an 83 year old MOTHER who has tested postive for it and is in the hospital for another condition - and she never goes anywhere, because she can't drive and barely leaves her house. How in hell did SHE get it? She has a heart condition and has seizures, and I can tell you if she dies in the hospital next week - they'll claim it was COVID, even though she is NOT running a fever or showing any COVID symptoms.

NO, I am very unconvinced that this thing CAN be well contained. It's like beach sand - once it's in your towel and shoes, it will eventually be all over your house.

And I don't believe a word of what has come out of China - somewhere a few months back, they suddenly had NO NEW CASES nationwide. The JHU dashboard shows just a few hundred active cases. Just 34 in all of Shanghai, largest city in China. 25 million. Just 34. That's crap.

No one set up this test. That doesn’t mean the results are any less valid.

Two people exposed 139 others but not a single infection was reported because they wore masks.