Florida Gators Coach Resigns

Buffy2k8

Kinda surprised how no one commented on this yet. I'm at the point of a bit above don't give a sh*t, but since I'm supposed to be a fan (or a really great poser), I'll say how I'm shocked and devasted. Oh and something or other about Tim Teebo~

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Tebow leaves and he retires. Coincidence? Nah. He'll be going to a better, more high profile job in due time. USC, maybe?

Zguy28

Coaching football is stressful, no doubt.

Maybe he's taking time off to interview with the Redskins?

I can see it now, Bruce Allen hires Urban Meyer, then drafts Tebow as the new franchise QB.

Beta84

They're out to get us

I can see it now, Bruce Allen hires Urban Meyer, then drafts Tebow as the new franchise QB.

you wish! he's having heart problems and has some cyst on his brain and some other crap. he needs to get healthy. if he's healthy enough he'll be coaching the Gators

Zguy28

you wish! he's having heart problems and has some cyst on his brain and some other crap. he needs to get healthy. if he's healthy enough he'll be coaching the Gators
I do actually, although I'm not sure he could handle a Pro team. I'm a big fan of Meyer's offense, from a technical/coaching point of view (I'm a Single Wing coach/enthusiast).

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

Steve Spurrier, Pt 2.

Zguy28

Steve Spurrier, Pt 2.
It was really more of a joke. Meyer seems more of a rah-rah kind of guy, which is probably why he should stay in NCAA. But then again, the Single Wing is becoming more popular in the NFL (Wildcat) these days.

Most likely he changed his mind because the Florida recruiting dept began soiling themselves after the announcement.

Terps

It was really more of a joke. Meyer seems more of a rah-rah kind of guy, which is probably why he should stay in NCAA. But then again, the Single Wing is becoming more popular in the NFL (Wildcat) these days.

Most likely he changed his mind because the Florida recruiting dept began soiling themselves after the announcement.

I agree - I think he changed his mind to save this recruiting class, which is a top 5 class. One or two players de-committed after the announcement and a few more mentioned that they were going to begin looking around at other schools. Urban is a great college coach but I think his offense would fail in the NFL.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I agree - I think he changed his mind to save this recruiting class, which is a top 5 class. One or two players de-committed after the announcement and a few more mentioned that they were going to begin looking around at other schools. Urban is a great college coach but I think his offense would fail in the NFL.

Nobody has decommitted at this point in time. Not sure where you got that from. No soft verbals either. They're all still solid, but obviously it's possible they might waver. In fact, the only news I've heard is players reaffirming their commitments. A couple of potential "locks" have opened things up a bit, though.