Fly Fishing, anybody?

Agee

Attended a Fly fishing expo @ Kent Narrows Yacht club this past Saturday. Got to meet and receive some personal instruction from Lefty Kreh. Amazing how much a few simple pointers can improve your casting!

Now maybe I can leave the helmet at home when I go fishing :yahoo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Attended a Fly fishing expo @ Kent Narrows Yacht club this past Saturday. Got to meet and receive some personal instruction from Lefty Kreh. Amazing how much a few simple pointers can improve your casting!

Fly Fishing?? Wow, that must be some really small bait.. and cleaning them little fellas must be a chore.. How many thousands of them to make a meal??

Thank you.. thank you.. I'll be here all night.. don't forget to tip your waitress!!

wch

Met Lefty at a fly fishing show in Chantilly Va about 15 years ago, sure glad He is still at it, I have a couple 5-6 wt that I use in the lakes and ponds in the area, and a 8-9 wt I purchased from the now closed fly shop in Hughesville.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
big gap between the two?
have a #9 starter kit, "Fluger Medalist"...
8 wt line is heavier than 5 wt line. It helps in tossing larger sized flies or poppers.

Caught this guy in Deer creek up by the susquehanna river while shad fishing.

Attachments

• 000_0112.jpg
    000_0112.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 104

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
8 wt line is heavier than 5 wt line. It helps in tossing larger sized flies or poppers.

wow you caught a carp on a fly rod.. didnt even know that was possible.

jrt_ms1995

How was the shad fishing? I'd planned on going up there just for that last spring, but it never happened. Is Deer Creek wadeable just about everywhere?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
How was the shad fishing? I'd planned on going up there just for that last spring, but it never happened. Is Deer Creek wadeable just about everywhere?
Deer creek isn't wadeable near the mouth. You can wear waders and go out a few feet from the bank. Some guys go up there in row boats & kayaks. Once you get up further you can wade most of it. Most of the fly fishermen head up to the bridge or the plant. there is parking up there but no parking along the road that parallels the creek.

If you hit it right you can catch shad on every other cast. I've had 50+ fish mornings up there. I've also had the days where I only catch 2 or 3 fish, since up there timing is everything.