Fly sheets?

fredsaid2

Do you? Don't you?

Which do you prefer? Have you found one yet that's a great fit?

I used the Rambo QH cut sheet last year. I think it will make it through this season too. I liked the front snap config and it was easy to clean. Soap up in a muck bucket, rinse and hang to dry. Shoulder rubs by the end of summer so not a perfect fit. Everything I try always shifts backwards and pulls tight through the shoulder and chest.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
YES Roger lives in a fly sheet or a sheet all year round to protect the top of his tail and from flys as I keep his tail up year round..I HAVE to have the ones with a nice tail flap...I like the rambos too..I have had some that only last a few weeks..but have found some that last summers...

Most of my turn out horses just get fly spray..

Sparks

I did not like the Rambo flybuster at all. It was bulky and really heavy.

I liked the weatherbeeta. It was lighter and fit larger horses well. Didn't notice any rubs.

I've heard the Kensington is nice but haven't tried it.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Sparks said:
I did not like the Rambo flybuster at all. It was bulky and really heavy.

I liked the weatherbeeta. It was lighter and fit larger horses well. Didn't notice any rubs.

I've heard the Kensington is nice but haven't tried it.

I bought the cheapie wrangler sheets last year. They had good room in the shoulders very minimal rubbing, no shifting...and held up well. To clean them I did the lazy way...tied the horse up and hosed it off while it was still on the horse...the horses loved it, and they were kept safe from the horse flies that like to attack after a bath. :popcorn:

DQ2B

Was thinking of getting one for my younger guy as his coat gets so bleached out. Do the fly sheets help with this issue and do you notice they sweat any more/less or no difference?

fredsaid2

Eventer29 said:
Ditto DQ2Bs question. I knwo some are supposed to help block uv rays. Do they work?

Can't really comment on the sun blocking, by summer we've switched to night turnout. They advertise that they do.