Flyers Fans

Baz

This. ------------------>
You all either jumped off a bridge or partied like a rock star, and had a "The Hangover" experience after the fact. :lol:

Captain "Leadership" and Carter gone, Bryzgalov in as your new #1 goalie.

Opinions?

Pierre McGuire is inconsolable, I'm sure.

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Dumping both at the same time, I dont agree with. Even though they were lacking is some areas, they were still good players. One or the other could still have been developed. Which is now up to thier new teams.

Carter became too predictable and one dimensional. Didnt seem to play with any heart. This is fixable. But I guess the flyers didnt want to waste the time.

Richards... Maybe!!! Although he was a decent player, he wasnt much of a leader. The flyers should have never made him a captain. However you cant strip him of the "C" and still expect him to play up to par. The Flyers failed in his growth by making him a captain to early. Which is sad.

I hope the gamble pays off. We need playes that can keep the intensity up all season long and play with some heart!!!

Peter Forsberg

Carter GTFO... Richards Why? I'm just happy we have a a Goalie that can stop the puck. We are going to struggle to score goals for sure but defense seems to be th way to win the cup these days.

Baz

I was certainly surprised both were let go. You knew someone had to go to clear room for Bryzgalov's contract, which may have finally taken care of the goalie position there for the first time in forever. Of course they gave him a looooong term contract, which is their style. But if he works out, it's a move that had to be made.

There's been quite a few rumors that's been floating around about Richards' off-ice activites, and divisions in the lockeroom. So maybe it wasn't such a shock that he was dealt. As you mentioned, you can't just take the C away and expect him to be okay with it.

I don't know alot about the guys they picked up, but I think the Flyers made out on the deals as far as the long term goes. Certainly going to be interesting what the Flyers' game looks like this year.

Peter Forsberg

I was certainly surprised both were let go. You knew someone had to go to clear room for Bryzgalov's contract, which may have finally taken care of the goalie position there for the first time in forever. Of course they gave him a looooong term contract, which is their style. But if he works out, it's a move that had to be made.

There's been quite a few rumors that's been floating around about Richards' off-ice activites, and divisions in the lockeroom. So maybe it wasn't such a shock that he was dealt. As you mentioned, you can't just take the C away and expect him to be okay with it.

I don't know alot about the guys they picked up, but I think the Flyers made out on the deals as far as the long term goes. Certainly going to be interesting what the Flyers' game looks like this year.
I have heard Philly is looking at Stamkos. Tampa can't afford to resign him.

LordStanley

I know nothing

The Flyers problem in goal isnt all ways the goalies fault, but how the organization handles the development of its players. If #1 goalie has a bad night, fine, bench him and get his head back in the game. Start him again and build some confidence. This back and forth #### between #1 and #2 goalies never works out. Its a distraction and messes with these players heads. Not just the goalies heads, but the whole team.

Pick a #1 and stick with it... Through thick or thin, stick with the commitment the organization made and help develop the player.

LordStanley

I know nothing
This also proves my point as to why I never buy sports Jerseys with players names on them.

Once you do, the player gets traded. At least that works out that way for me :lol:

Purchased an Authentic Brian Dawkins Jersey, thinking he will retire an Eagle. Next year he was traded.

Got a Richards jersey for christmas last year..... :doh:

Baz

This also proves my point as to why I never buy sports Jerseys with players names on them.

Once you do, the player gets traded. At least that works out that way for me :lol:

Purchased an Authentic Brian Dawkins Jersey, thinking he will retire an Eagle. Next year he was traded.

Yeah, that really sucks. Especially so with authentics. OUCH! I've often joked they should offer jerseys with thinly velcroed numbers/nameplates, so you could just swap those out after the players are gone. :lol:

Otherwise, you pretty much have to limit your player choices to throwback jerseys of retired number players, or just your favorite players who you will still want to wear if/when they've moved on.

The only numbered jerseys I have are Lemieux, Jagr, and Fleury, and 3 blanks. Was going to get an Orpik jersey this year, but that may be changed to another Jagr, depending on what happens this week.

I think anybody who bought a Carter jersey this past season should get a huge discount on a new one. That was pretty effed up how he get dealt, IMO.

Peter Forsberg

I came real close to getting a Richards jersey this year. So glad I didn't.