Flyers @ Penguins

Kerad

Game 1 of the season series starts tonight at 7 at the Igloo. :yahoo:

Time to introduce the new Flyers to their worst nightmare.

Speaking of introductions...which Flyer is willing to get beat down by Laraque?
:boxing:

Attachments

• Crosby flyers.jpg
    Crosby flyers.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 40

LordStanley

I know nothing
Game 1 of the season series starts tonight at 7 at the Igloo. :yahoo:

Time to introduce the new Flyers to their worst nightmare.

Speaking of introductions...which Flyer is willing to get beat down by Laraque?
:boxing:

This is a must win for the flyers... The loss to the rangers the other night sucked. Should be a good game tonight.

The closest fighter philly has to Laraque is Ben Eager. I dont see them squaring off any time soon.

The only two flyers that could possibly match him in fighting are both serving suspensions.

Kerad

This is a must win for the flyers... The loss to the rangers the other night sucked. Should be a good game tonight.

The closest fighter philly has to Laraque is Ben Eager. I dont see them squaring off any time soon.

The only two flyers that could possibly match him in fighting are both serving suspensions.

I just found out Hatcher is out. That's disappointing...his cheap shots to Sid's face usually get Crosby extra fired up. :lmao:

I agree, it should be a very good game, as long as the Pens remember to play the full 60 minutes. They've been having problems with that this year, though played their best game of the season blowing out the Devils in their new (and empty) stadium on Monday.

I am under no delusion that the Pens will take all 8 this year. flyers have made too many improvements...

...but they still SUCK!!! :lmao:

LordStanley

I know nothing
I just found out Hatcher is out. That's disappointing...his cheap shots to Sid's face usually get Crosby extra fired up. :lmao:

I agree, it should be a very good game, as long as the Pens remember to play the full 60 minutes. They've been having problems with that this year, though played their best game of the season blowing out the Devils in their new (and empty) stadium on Monday.

I am under no delusion that the Pens will take all 8 this year. flyers have made too many improvements...

...but they still SUCK!!! :lmao:

Not compared to todays standings:whistle::lmao:

Kerad

Awwwww crap! :frown:

I knew you had some new players on the team...but didn't realize you had that many new guys. Biron was a great pick up. Dammit.

Oh well. We go the Rangers tonight, and then look to even it up in Philly on Saturday.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Awwwww crap! :frown:

I knew you had some new players on the team...but didn't realize you had that many new guys. Biron was a great pick up. Dammit.

Oh well. We go the Rangers tonight, and then look to even it up in Philly on Saturday.

It was a good game... I was worried about all the freaking penalties the flyers were taking. If the Pens could have scored on a few of those, the game would have been over.

Then taking the late penalty and having a 6 on 4. for the last minute of the game. Talk about being on the edge of your seat

Kerad

It was a good game... I was worried about all the freaking penalties the flyers were taking. If the Pens could have scored on a few of those, the game would have been over.

Then taking the late penalty and having a 6 on 4. for the last minute of the game. Talk about being on the edge of your seat

Yep...the powerplay let 'em down...Whitney's absence is having more of an effect than I originally thought it would. The Pens came out flat in the first (except for Orpik :boxing:), and never really got it rolling...to the Flyers' credit. They kept our big guys (Sid, Malkin, Sykora) from lighting the lamp...and didn't have to go all "thug" to do it.

Therrien seems to have a problem getting consistency from this team. It certainly doesn't help that he juggles his lines every other shift.

I expect a better showing in Philly. However first thing's first, so hopefully they carry a chip on their shoulder into MSG tonight.

Kerad

Not to rub it in, but......:whistle:

:ohwell:

As you can imagine, I am not very happy with their play the last few games. Their special teams are killing them...which were very good prior to the last week.

Luckily there's plenty of time to get things sorted, as the division is still relatively tight. Get a couple of bounces, a couple of games in a row, and they're right back. Six more to play.

Though the Flyers fans in attendance thought they just swept the Penguins out of the playoffs. :lmao: Silly Flyers fans.

Peter Forsberg

:ohwell:

As you can imagine, I am not very happy with their play the last few games. Their special teams are killing them...which were very good prior to the last week.

Luckily there's plenty of time to get things sorted, as the division is still relatively tight. Get a couple of bounces, a couple of games in a row, and they're right back. Six more to play.

Though the Flyers fans in attendance thought they just swept the Penguins out of the playoffs. :lmao: Silly Flyers fans.
Maybe next game Cindy Crosby. Flyers are much improved. :elaine: