Lawful neutral

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
mel.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So I guess that taking a flight with my emotional support moose is right out of the question?

That reminds me...I had a moose in Korea for a while....

SamSpade

You coulda been rich....

You know what REALLY gets me?

Way back in the 80's, I got so tired of replacing batteries in my WalkMan.

"This is ridiculous. All that energy is wasted turning a tiny little stupid ass motor. It doesn't hardly use ANY energy just to send
the music to my ears. How hard could it be to just stick the whole damned song in MEMORY, and just put headphones into it?"

"But - Sam - you know how MUCH memory it would take just for ONE SONG?"

"Yeah - you're probably right. But that's the way to do it".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You know what REALLY gets me?

Way back in the 80's, I got so tired of replacing batteries in my WalkMan.

a buddy of mine in, back in the 1970's wanted covert has music albums to some 'digital' format to play in his Jeep ..... he was only about 25 yrs to early
he also talked to one of the Electronics Engineers at Naval Research Lab [he worked as an account] about building LED Gauges for his Jeep the look at him like he was crazy

back in 1984 I was at the Air Force Assoc. show at the Sheridan Woodly Park Hotel Convention Center [DC]

think AF Defense Contractor Trade Show

... anyway this one exhibit [I think it was Magnavox] was showing off this new monochrome computer display as a light weight upgrade / replacement for CRT Displays in Aircraft like the AWACS

this was an Orange PLASMA Display .... being 16 and in High School at the time, with the proper priorities I asked the guy if they were ever going to make a TV out of this stuff

the sales drone looked me mouth agape like I was from Mars ...... no the display was monochrome only .... hmm too bad a thinner TV would be nice

Fun Fact the 1st Portable PC to have a Plasma Display was a Compaq III