Flyover At LVMS

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I guess Nellis paid for it, huh?

The military pays. Pilots have to log X amount of hours to stay current with their training. If they were not flying over the speedway, they'd be flying over the dessert.

Isn't it ironic that LVMS is in the dessert?:roflmao:

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

The military pays. Pilots have to log X amount of hours to stay current with their training. If they were not flying over the speedway, they'd be flying over the dessert.

Yeah, I know.....just didn't consider that part.

High end AF flight training. "Ok men, your mission today is to fly over these coords at 1230 hrs. good luck". "Oh, I almost forgot to make this clear, then return to base".

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Years ago some pilots needed some flight time. So we flew from Andrews to Texas, grabbed a nice Mexican lunch and were back home before 4.

"Sleigh rides" are also popular around the holidays. Not sure if they are still doing those these days.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
High end AF flight training. "Ok men, your mission today is to fly over these coords at 1230 hrs. good luck". "Oh, I almost forgot to make this clear, then return to base".

Being at a specified grid coordinate at a specified time is the essence of close combat air support these days. Otherwise there will be a lot more friendly-fire mishaps. So training to be over the 50 yard-line at 0930 is a meaningful task for a few hundred pounds of JP-4.