Folks, you cannot make this stuff up

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well its better than complaining about inflation, $3.25 fuel, voting rights, plane & busloads of illegals being dropped all over, open borders, stupid masks, no tator tots at the grocery store, and on and on..
Thanks Joe...

I'm still kind of pissed about the tater tots, tho

black dog

Free America
I'm still kind of pissed about the tater tots, tho
Its been a couple of days since both stores intown had zero frozen potatoes,
You walk around the end cap and go wtf....
Both managers just shrug their shoulders..
Everything else is full, just no frozen frys and tots...
Idaho must be shut down. lol

PeoplesElbow

Its been a couple of days since both stores intown had zero frozen potatoes,
You walk around the end cap and go wtf....
Both managers just shrug their shoulders..
Everything else is full, just no frozen frys and tots...
Idaho must be shut down. lol
I cant find diet pepsi in 16.9 oz or 20 oz bottles wtf.

black dog

Free America

Its been interesting on what is and isn't available in our small town the last few months.
Both stores are family owned so no huge warehouse to hold them over.
Gordons beer battered fish was a few weeks ago and Lipton sugar free peach tea in 12 packs was unavailable for maybe two months.
The soda shelfs for the two liter and twenty oz shelfs are empty twice a week the day before the deliverys. Dairy, meat, deli and 99% of the frozen has been stocked.
Family Dollar and Dollar General are always behind with stocking, I believe folks on the gov dole shop there more and have been getting an extra monthly addition her for awhile now and they are spending more now than ever.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've found the same with diet Dr Pepper. Cans aren't as convenient for me because I'll usually sip on a soda for hours. Welcome to biden's liberal Utopia.

Bare-ya-cuda

Wrong.

I specifically said I have ZERO problem buying things made in China. I bought some American-made clothing as an experiment and while they are well-made and well-designed pieces, they are EXPENSIVE. That was my point dummy - that people talk a big game about being all patriotic and whatnot but they never put their money where their mouths are.

Go ahead, look it up, you lying liar.
It’s your lie, I will let you tell it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ive been a Buy/made in America man since the middle 80's.
I will go Japan/ European before I buy China...
Fords, A few Harleys, a few Deere's, Powermatic, Esab welding and cutting machines, Miller welding machines, Snap-on and Mac hand tools... 10-20-30,40 years old, still running and pand parts still easily available. Dont see much 10 year old Chinese around much less 20 year old stuff.....

I've been trying to keep that rigid for a long time.

Ford Trucks, American made furniture/kitchenware/textiles etc. The TVs are Samsungs (Korea) and 12 years old now, DVD players the same... Computer is about the same. I tend to keep things and repair them for a long time. ( Instilled by my Grandfather )

CPUSA

You’re lying.
If anyone knows about lying, It would be you.
Since EVERYTHING you ever post is either a lie, or a contradiction to a lie that you were caught in.
Example?... See Post #13 above where you lie about buying mostly American.

What a lying POS...

black dog

Free America
I've been trying to keep that rigid for a long time.

Ford Trucks, American made furniture/kitchenware/textiles etc. The TVs are Samsungs (Korea) and 12 years old now, DVD players the same... Computer is about the same. I tend to keep things and repair them for a long time. ( Instilled by my Grandfather )

Thats what I was taught, thats what I've taught my son.

SamSpade

I try to buy American. Some things, it's just hard to tell how much of it is AMERICAN, and how much is only partly American.
I think I read a meme not long ago saying how much the average consumer could help reduce the trade deficit with China if everyone bought just X many products valued at x dollars.

BUT

As we have all undoubtedly experienced - especially ME, when it comes to ordering from Amazon - Chinese knockoffs or cheaper products are VERY often of much inferior quality. I will from time to time order a small item without paying too much attention and find that what I bought was MUCH smaller than I expected, or made of plastic and so on. For example, I've bought chess sets for clubs and such, and I normally expect them to be hard plastic with a little HEFT to them. Not hollowed out plastic that would blow over in a soft breeze. If the board is roll up kind, I expect it to be made of durable rubber or such - not something slightly thicker than cellophane.

Many years ago - I am dating myself - there was a TV show called the Dating Game. It's been parodied enough times over the decades that people do know the format. A young girl would ask questions for Bachelors numbered 1, 2 and 3 from behind a divide, and choose one for a date, which the show would provide an all expense paid event. I recall on one show, the young woman asked what the label on Bachelor number one would say, if he had one. He answered "Made in Japan" and the audience was floored. EVERYONE knew back then, made in Japan meant it was the poorest quality imaginable. Obviously - that changed, over time - but so did the price. No one today buys Japanese products because they're CHEAPER.

I don't think China is going to change that, though. As long as they are on top, there is no incentive to build quality merchandise.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Interesting ..... I thought that meant inexpensive, but Quality
It took me a long while to get used to the idea of high quality "made in Japan", my parents had an early 70s Datsun. :lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
my parents had an early 70s Datsun.

My dad .. who owned a lot of ' muscle cars ' through the 60's into the 1970's bought a Toyota Celica in I think 74, when the gas crisis hit

He sold it as soon as the crunch was over, it was to ' under powered ' for his liking ..... one who was used to a 70 Challenger 440 Six Pack or a 62 Grand Prix 421 Super Duty